cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitle issues on Fire Cube

Does anyone else have an issue with subtitles? They work fire for 1 episode or 1 movie, but when I want to watch a 2nd ep or movie the subtitles do not turn on, I have to force close the app, clear cache and restart every time to get them to work.

Not a huge issue but very annoying. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app? 

If so I would either get in touch with live chat or send an email to customer support to repeat the issue.

Live chat, just click on “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address for customer support in the below picture.

AE72E670-4038-4036-B94A-D6BEF05E3DFC.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From my short amount of testing on my 4K Amazon Fire Stick over a couple of Movies and TV show episodes Subtitles seem to run fine for me watching NOW supported content with the "S" subtitles icon showing on the content description.

Went to the Fire Stick Settings under Accessibility and made sure Subtitles was switched on, then played some NOW content pressed the OK button on the remote to bring up the pop up information banner on screen, selected the bubble speech icon and then enabled English Subtitles.

The above only works whilst inside the NOW App, once you close the NOW App down you will need to play some NOW supported subtitle content again and hit the bubble speech icon and select English Subtitles once again to force subtitles on the screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, I didn't even know that was a setting on the Fire Cube. Thanks, it now forces CC on most apps for me.

Still getting the same issue on the Now app, but figured out I don't have to close the app to restart subtitles.

I just have to toggle off then back on.