cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stream quality

Stream quality stuck on 192 via App. Sony Ag8. 

Can someone fully explain the stream quality. What is the min and max and what does it covert to if you looking at 1080p 50fps

FYI, I have boost 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ceejay_London
Scholar

The figure reported isn't always the same - '192' may refer to an audio channel bandwidth rather than video. I think I have seen 192 reported sometimes on my Sony.

If you have Boost then this means that you can get up to 1080p/25 with DD+ sound on all Now TV HD channels. However with boost you can also get 1080p/50 with DD+ sound on six of the sports channels - Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf on certain devices, and if you are using the new Sony TV Now TV app then you should be able to get it.

You'll need a reliable connection of at least 12Mbps at your TV to get 1080p/50.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ceejay_London
Scholar

The figure reported isn't always the same - '192' may refer to an audio channel bandwidth rather than video. I think I have seen 192 reported sometimes on my Sony.

If you have Boost then this means that you can get up to 1080p/25 with DD+ sound on all Now TV HD channels. However with boost you can also get 1080p/50 with DD+ sound on six of the sports channels - Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf on certain devices, and if you are using the new Sony TV Now TV app then you should be able to get it.

You'll need a reliable connection of at least 12Mbps at your TV to get 1080p/50.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I understand, the picture looks good but will be nice to know what picture you getting if you running 1080p 50fps.