cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stream quality

So I have a Samsung smart tv, I can watch Netflix at 4K full quality, no buffering, for hours, perfect. Same exact setup when watching NowTV it’s mostly in super blurry mode, stream quality 200ish, stops to buffer every few minutes. What's up with that?!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a similar set up and (touch wood) don't get any issues with NOWTV buffering and get a consistent 720p picture.

I'm using Samsung's own NOWTV app and a cabled internet connection, if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I truly believe that Netflix has better software, but NowTV seems to be a long way behind. It’s just like Sky too, withholding HD content where possible. It’s 2019 ffs!

There're so many systems involved, BT line, house wiring, router, powerline, smart tv, that its a difficult to isolate the issue. I'll see how it goes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree about this 720p it's 2019. 720p is barely hd when you consider standard is 576p which is how many lines on the screen and has been with us since the 60's the 576p standard. So not exaggerating that 720 p is barely high definition 1080i is interlaced so software, rather than hardware which is 1080P then of course we're going to 4 k which is 2160P...and of course you cannot buy a standard definition TV anymore the standard definition is in fact high-definition,yet companies like sky and BT still want to charge you for the privilege if you want to watch in high-definition. I can understand the new standard of 4K having a premium, but really high definition that has become standard and popular since 2006 it's not brand new technology,and has been superseded,  yet you have to pay extra for HD it's a bit like saying you know for a flush on your toilet you have to pay extra. HD luxury ? it is the bog standard excuse my pun.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest it's getting to point where you can't buy a HD TV anymore as well majority are 4K now even stuff like Dolby Vision is getting cheaper.

RoyB
Legend

Most people still watch the SD channels on their TVs though, especially as regional news isn’t even available in HD.

The major broadcasters could do us all a big service by fixing this; currently even ‘HD Ready’ NowTV looks miles better by comparison.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree,i have a sharp tv vitually brand new-bought a stick and even though i have 15mbps plus spedd broadband i get CONSTANT buffering and pixelating on sky sports.

ITS SIMPLY SHOCKINg.

Hurry up and get HD on ALL CHANNELS or i swear this will be LAST pass.

PATHETIC

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree,i have a sharp tv vitually brand new-bought a stick and even though i have 15mbps plus speed broadband i get CONSTANT buffering and pixelating on sky sports.

ITS SIMPLY SHOCKINg.

Hurry up and get HD on ALL CHANNELS or i swear this will be LAST pass.

PATHETIC

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its been this way for a long time.  NOW are cheating paying customers.  I can stream netflix / amazon all day- simultaneously on 4 devices around the house at high resolution.  Now TV, only app running, whether on PC or tv- keeps pixellating and dropping resolution.

Vote with your feet people...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used to get issues when using WiFi . Iv gone ethernet now no issue at all now