cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Steaming quality

Hi now TV,

I have just bought a lg oled TV and have started to stream now TV through an Ethernet cable.

the picture looks ok and it is saying I have a stream quality of 4865. Can you explain to me what this figure equates to please. I.e 4865 what?

thanks Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
So is that a good biterate then?

Depending on the quality of the original source material, the bitrate provided is good enough for the 720p HD service... And it's improving all the time Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.

I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.

Thanks, SeeMoreDigital, have you noticed if the stream gets higher than 4000+ kbps with the LG app? and as I've just started using it I'm trying to work out how to remove the info bar (not the information button), it stays on the screen a bit long! With the box you just press the back button to remove it before it automatically disappears.

One plus with the box is of course the new subtitle support, the LG app is very responsive, but those subtitles are handy!

Thanks!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.

I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.

Thanks, SeeMoreDigital, have you noticed if the stream gets higher than 4000+ kbps with the LG app? and as I've just started using it I'm trying to work out how to remove the info bar (not the information button), it stays on the screen a bit long! With the box you just press the back button to remove it before it automatically disappears.

One plus with the box is of course the new subtitle support, the LG app is very responsive, but those subtitles are handy!

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous User

If you press the text button on your LG TV remote. It should get rid of the info bar immediately. That's a little trick I got from @SeeMoreDigital Smiley Wink

I actually reregistered my smart box as a NowTV playback device recently because I like having the subtitle functionality.

EDIT

The smart box will also get to 4000+ Kbps it just doesn't have an indicator in the app that shows you unfortunately. I have been asking for an indicator to be put on the Roku/now TV hardware app that an indicator hasn't appeared yet

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, commanda6!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice to see subtitles added to the LG App. It's also great that they fixed the black screen issue that happened when the info bar disappeared.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having recenly bought a lovely 65" LG B7 OLED, I'm now living in a world of 4K HDR content from Netflix and Amazon. Needless to say, it really, really makes Now TV's utterly awful 720p feed look embarassingly bad. 720p on a 65" 4K screen isn't acceptable. It's borderline unwatchable.  Sadly though I doubt Sky will ever improve it, else they risk making their hugely overpriced old school satellite service look even less atractive.

Meanwhile back in the real world, Netflix are adding Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos audio support to further stretch their lead. No wonder they're no.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly I came looking for a solution but i couldn’t agree more. Watching the walking dead is shockingly poor via the LG now tv app.

@Anonymous User tv when will you pump out 1080p?