cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skunktank
Occasional Poster

Steaming quality

Hi now TV,

                    I have just bought a lg oled TV and have started to stream now TV through an Ethernet cable.

the picture looks ok and it is saying I have a stream quality of 4865. Can you explain to me what this figure equates to please. I.e 4865 what?

thanks Paul 

0 Thanks
Reply
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Steaming quality


@Skunktank wrote:
So is that a good biterate then?

Depending on the quality of the original source material, the bitrate provided is good enough for the 720p HD service... And it's improving all the time Smiley Happy


• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •


13 Replies
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Steaming quality

Hi @Skunktank,

 

The figure refers to the streams 'bitrate' 😉


• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •


0 Thanks
Reply
Skunktank
Occasional Poster

Re: Steaming quality

So is that a good biterate then?
0 Thanks
Reply
Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Steaming quality


@Skunktank wrote:
So is that a good biterate then?

Depending on the quality of the original source material, the bitrate provided is good enough for the 720p HD service... And it's improving all the time Smiley Happy


• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •


chip75
Regular 2

Re: Steaming quality

Sorry to bump an answered/solved thread but is that 4865 kbps the maximum for the LG app? The PlayStation seemed to run at 7700 kbps the last time I used it (haven't used it in ages). I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app. If the LG app is comparable quality I can save a plug socket!

 

Thanks in advance.

0 Thanks
Reply
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Steaming quality


@chip75 wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.


I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.


• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •


chip75
Regular 2

Re: Steaming quality


@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@chip75 wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.


I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.



Thanks, SeeMoreDigital, have you noticed if the stream gets higher than 4000+ kbps with the LG app? and as I've just started using it I'm trying to work out how to remove the info bar (not the information button), it stays on the screen a bit long! With the box you just press the back button to remove it before it automatically disappears.

 

One plus with the box is of course the new subtitle support, the LG app is very responsive, but those subtitles are handy!

 

Thanks!

0 Thanks
Reply
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Re: Steaming quality


@chip75 wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@chip75 wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.


I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.



Thanks, SeeMoreDigital, have you noticed if the stream gets higher than 4000+ kbps with the LG app? and as I've just started using it I'm trying to work out how to remove the info bar (not the information button), it stays on the screen a bit long! With the box you just press the back button to remove it before it automatically disappears.

 

One plus with the box is of course the new subtitle support, the LG app is very responsive, but those subtitles are handy!

 

Thanks!


Hi @chip75

 

If you press the text button on your LG TV remote. It should get rid of the info bar immediately. That's a little trick I got from @SeeMoreDigital Smiley Wink

 

I actually reregistered my smart box as a NowTV playback device recently because I like having the subtitle functionality.

 

EDIT

The smart box will also get to 4000+ Kbps it just doesn't have an indicator in the app that shows you unfortunately. I have been asking for an indicator to be put on the Roku/now TV hardware app that an indicator hasn't appeared yet


I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
chip75
Regular 2

Re: Steaming quality

Thanks, commanda6!

0 Thanks
Reply
chip75
Regular 2

Re: Steaming quality

Nice to see subtitles added to the LG App. It's also great that they fixed the black screen issue that happened when the info bar disappeared.

0 Thanks
Reply