cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Steaming quality

Hi now TV,

I have just bought a lg oled TV and have started to stream now TV through an Ethernet cable.

the picture looks ok and it is saying I have a stream quality of 4865. Can you explain to me what this figure equates to please. I.e 4865 what?

thanks Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
So is that a good biterate then?

Depending on the quality of the original source material, the bitrate provided is good enough for the 720p HD service... And it's improving all the time Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The figure refers to the streams 'bitrate' 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Depending on the quality of the original source material, the bitrate provided is good enough for the 720p HD service... And it's improving all the time Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Improving all the time, I think not.

18 months later and it's still a paltry 720p. Ridiculous given that other services offer 4k streaming. Glad I was given a free mo the to try this out as I would have been incredibly annoyed if I paid 9.99 for this quality.

I have no idea why anyone would pay for this. Not even going to bother finishing the movie I started as I would rather wait and watch it in much better quality on something else. !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree. Dipped my toe in for the England game and couldn’t believe it was only 720p. But then again sky still think HD is an upgrade at £10 month.  Can’t wait for amazon to get the footie and that  really upsets the apple cart.  Then we will see how sky improve.  I do honestly believe sky are good and innovative but they need to lead on resolution too not just sports content 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I have a stream rate that is always 7830 - 7840, I pay for hd etc and have fibre broadband that connects directly to my Samsung smart TV...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The stream quality you indicated means exactly what your paying for 1080p. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to bump an answered/solved thread but is that 4865 kbps the maximum for the LG app? The PlayStation seemed to run at 7700 kbps the last time I used it (haven't used it in ages). I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app. If the LG app is comparable quality I can save a plug socket!

Thanks in advance.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I'm trying to work if out should I keep using my NOW TV box or the LG app.

I use both. I currently prefer viewing NOW TV content (via the app) on my webOS based 4K LG television as it has a better up-scaler. But both playback devices offer very good quality images.