cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound out of Sync with the Picture

Can anyone help? Am using a new Apple TV with the Now TV app but recently the picture is so juddery and sound is slightly out of sync when trying to watch anything. I've unplugged, rebooted and replugged everything but it keeps happening. Any suggestions please? 

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes but only temporarily works, the best fix is to restart Apple TV box, but there must be a better answer? 

@Simon-J wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Is you Apple TV connected to the router via wire or wireless? 

Have you tried a hard reset of the Apple TV at all?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you.

Our team have recommended doing a factory reset of your Apple TV

This can be done by following these steps.

Let us know how you get on

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I finally got round to doing this, but still causing problems.  Very juddery what's going on? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you.

Our team have recommended doing a factory reset of your Apple TV

This can be done by following these steps.

Let us know how you get on

Andy

Hi I finally got round to doing this, but still causing problems.  Very juddery what's going on? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports 2 sound is out of sync with the picture. 

Have restarted the Apple TV (4th gen) - no help. 

Any other suggestions? 

sirchinny
Scholar

I'm out of Sync on Roku, and Windows PC amd the official Now TV app......

It's obviously a problem with Sky Sports 2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@sirchinny

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

There was a problem with Sky Sports 2 on Sunday, There was a support banner placed on the forum shortly after you posted. 

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-24-07-16/m-p/388667#M299

Sorry for the inconvenience

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have complained about this previously - I only use the box for Sky News and only with the AV connector.  I have now got another new White NowTv box and it behaves in exactly the same way !

There is a progressive loss of AV sync if the box is left on the same program for some hours.  

This all started after a NowTv firmware update last year and needs proper investigation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having this problem as well with my 4th Gen Apple TV and Now TV.  I do not always have to resent the Apple TV, some times I just need to go up through the menues and back again.  REALY ANOYING.   Happens on Sky 1, Sky Atlantic and ABC box sets (not watched others yet).

All is fine with Netflix, Apple Films, Apple TV Series, Apple anouncments.

This problem did not start stright away.   It was only after a few weeks of running Now TV that it started to happen, now happens at the start of every box set episode I watch.

So this is just a Now TV problem.

Any news on a solution????????

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi guys.

Thanks for your posts and sorry for the delay.

The audio tends to go out of sync when the speeds the device is receiving drops. it could be that where your seeing it happen after a number of hours the ISP is throttling the bandwidth.

It might be worth testing the speeds your getting on another device when you see the issue and perhaps speaking to your ISP. This is only one possibility of course and we'll happily rule it out if you can see otherwise, in which case we'd keep investigating with you.

Thanks

Simon