cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry there was an error in the player

Very frustrating I'm getting sorry there was an error in the player every five minutes!!

Using the download app on a Samsung TV.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app!

What's going on?

Only started happening this week, nowTV issue?

I get 100mb connection via Virgin fibre.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I managed to watch the Germany v Switzerland game tonight uninterrupted...strange, but hoping something has been done to resolve the issue while no comment from NowTV still!?

I’ll find out when it matters to me on Wednesday when I watch Scotland v Czech Republic.

Will update Wednesday!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, here we go!  Game starts in 12 minutes and the NowTV app is running well...but true to recent form, will it drop out as soon as the game gets underway?  Update to follow in next 20 minutes...fingers crossed NowTV have listened and resolved silently...wishful thinking but I have my Apple TV box set up ready to take over just in case.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Mike

I'm not a sports fan but I wish you well.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very pleased to report that the issue has been resolved....so far. And Scotland are winning so all in all life is good!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

me too,mines exactly the same on samsung tv and its only started happening the past week im lucky to watch 1 programme

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV native App, but sometimes unplugging the TV from the electrical mains for about a minute or a fresh NowTV App download sometimes clears this message.

Might be worth a try if you haven't already done it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this as part of my fault finding with Samsung Tech, and it doesn’t revolve the issue for me, but agree worth a try. I suspect there is a more complex software-NowTV app integration issue at work here....

and still no feedback from NowTV/Sky to this thread...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Mike

I'm inclined to agree with you because whenever Samsung updates the software on their smart TV's it seems to upset the delicate balance it has with the Now TV app. Which will result in Now TV having to release an update/fix, and as you can guess, this will take quite a bit of time to schedule, prepare and roll-out.

As a side note, and although I'm not 100% on this, I believe that Samsung smart TVs, depending on age, are running different O/S's, which throws an extra wrinkle into the update/fix problem.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my tv isnt a smart tv but i done factory settings ive put the code in to activate now its stuck i give up. it wont go any further

ukbobboy
Legend