cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie87
Observer

Sorry there was an error in the player

How do I fix this? All apps work apart from now tv, when I click on a show this message comes up 

sorry, there was an error in the player

i have logged out and back in help!! 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Katie87 

What device are you using?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Katie87
Observer

It works on my iPhone but isn’t working on Samsung tv, all other apps are working but not now

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Katie87 

Try clearing the app cache on the TV.

https://www.airbeam.tv/knowledge-base/clear-cache-samsung-tv/

Unplug your TV and router for a few minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Katie87 

How old is the Samsung TV? Only models after 2015 are now supported.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jon1
Advocate

I have got this message tonight, I am watching via a Roku 4k stick and everything else on the stick is working fine.   The message from Now additional reads "You cant watch on this device because you're streaming on too many devices at once" which is nonsense.  I live on my own and beyond typing this message the internet connection is not currently being used for anything else at the moment.  I am also on Sky Unlimited Broadband.

I have deleted and re-installed the Now TV app which hasn't resolved the issue

Any ideas gratefully received, many thanks 

RoyB
Legend

@Jon1 

Try it again now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jon1
Advocate

All appears to be working fine now @RoyB, many thanks