cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry there was an error in the player

Very frustrating I'm getting sorry there was an error in the player every five minutes!!

Using the download app on a Samsung TV.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app!

What's going on?

Only started happening this week, nowTV issue?

I get 100mb connection via Virgin fibre.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

signed up to now tv yesterday. Watched yesterday with no problems. Next day I have tried to watch and getting sorry there was an error in the player message.. please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

are you using nowtv from your tv or a set top box/stick, or online?

if tv app, suggest deleting the app and reinstalling then retry.

the others, only advice I could offer is power off and start up again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And here we go again NowTV/Sky....the above error is reoccurring, also for myself again and @Anonymous User  per thread.

NOWTV/SKY - Please, please, please resolve this continual annoyance before users loose confidence and cancel subscription!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I'm also becoming exasperated by this constant error in the NOW TV player. If you want to watch more than one episode of a series, it's very irritating!

This seems to be a fairly new bug; I don't recall having the problem six months ago.

Please resolve this issue NOW TV. Eventually, people will get fed up and not renew their passes

Thanks!

RoyB
Legend

Samsung’s advice is to switch the TV off at the mains, press the power button on the set to completely drain it down, wait 2 minutes, and then power it up again.

This worked for us in these circumstances.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Scotty92
Scholar

Hi there,

did anyone manage to fix this problem? Did we establish if it was a problem with Samsung TVs?

ive tried absolutely everything, spoke to live help, bought a new now tv stick (tv pre 2017 so no built in app)

we’ve changed internet providers, run it via Ethernet and WiFi to test which works better... and STILL during the football we get the error message ‘sorry there was an error In the player and have to come out and go back in

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as I see we’re not the only ones! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Scotty92 

When did you purchase the Now TV stick? 

If you can I would strongly recommend to return it and purchase an Amazon fire stick, as Now TV is far more reliable on this device than its own devices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Scotty92
Scholar

The now tv box I’ve had for a few years but I purchased a stick only a month ago and that has the same problems. After doing some research I’m convinced it’s an issue between Samsung and now tv.

ive got a fire stick but an old one I don’t think it has now tv. Maybe I’ll try and buy one of those and see if it works 

thanks mate 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scotty92 

I have a Philips TV connected to a NowTV 4K Smart box wired over Ethernet and once or twice a month i get the "Sorry there is an error in the Player" message.

Its been happening for months and the only way to clear the message is to press the back button on the remote and then jump back into the NowTV stream (mainly happens when watching live Sky Sports).

Some people seem to get the message quite a lot (guess i have been lucky).

Suggest you put in a complaint to NowTV.

Scotty92
Scholar

Ah we get it a fair few times every match. It’s so frustrating I’ve literally tried everything. Going to try now with a roku box I’ve stolen off the mrs parents so will see if it still happens

For years it worked no problem and since about 6 months it’s gone downhill

as you say the only way to fix is clicking off and back in again

thanks