cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry there was an error in the player

Very frustrating I'm getting sorry there was an error in the player every five minutes!!

Using the download app on a Samsung TV.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app!

What's going on?

Only started happening this week, nowTV issue?

I get 100mb connection via Virgin fibre.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same with my Samsung TV. Very annoying! Worked fine for the GP, and everything else is fine (Amazon/Netflix etc)

Tested broadband, shows currently at the max speed I can get, so no issues there.

Seems to play no problem on my phone though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a nowtv box and the live tv plays for about 20 seconds, buffers then says error in the player. All the on demand stuff plays fine so it’s not an internet issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just moved an old Apple TV from another room to my Samsung TV and picture quality not as good but does work reliably. As others Netflix etc all fine on TV apps, must be a problem with nowtv app.

Please can sky take note and look in to this....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting exactly the same issue. It states “somethings not right” when it closes now tv down. It will play for about 10 seconds, then buffering and finally close down. Clearly an issue with now tv. It seems to stream fine on my phone, but issues both direct through a Samsung TV and a BT Youview box. Any help would be great and it looks like I am going to miss the full match at this rate. Any compensation you reckon?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same error for me on the Samsung now tv app, watching England v Belgium.

I had to dig out my old now tv box and it plays the match without quitting. However I get a black screen flicker every few seconds. Very annoying.

sort it out Sky!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And same issue for me on Samsung Q95T bought a week ago.  Kept crashing as noted in previous posts during Scotland v Israel game (Thursday 8th Oct 2020), and same again for England v Belgium and Scotland v Slovakia (Sunday 11th Oct 2020).

Is this community not moderated by someone at NowTv / Sky?  There appears no way to get support which is very annoying!!  

I too plugged my Apple TV box in to resolve but a pain.  Spent time going through everything with Samsung, confirmed no issue with TV and Broadband speed of 80mbps so clearly not a Broadband issue.

Tried going wireless connection, as run with direct to broadband router wired connection, and still no joy.

Clearly an issue with the app integrating with Samsung TV software as works on iPad, iPhone, iMac and LG TV.

Sort it out NOWTV!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problems, managed to watch it on my phone but the nowtv box kept coming up error, had just done it again now during the cricket 🤬

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear nowTV/SKY.

Can someone update us all please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for following up and inviting a response Kenny.