cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong. Again.

Trying to watch Riviera 3.  Episode 3. "Something went wrong".  Again.  This happens every night.  Checked the internet connection. Netflix is fine.  So we try again.  Then discover that NowTV has no idea where we had got to and makes us start again.  So, try fast forwarding.   Stop. Start playing to see where we are.  Then drops out and takes us back to the beginning again.

I've seen flakey systems but NowTV are right up there at the top.

25 REPLIES 25
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using to watch Now TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error this morning on my roku express when trying to use the NowTV app, was working fine last night and all other apps are logged in and working ok, but cannot use NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here on my set top box...

Wifi working normally, can watch Disney plus etc on the set top box, just won't let me watch Now TV ...says "Sorry, something went wrong. " when I try to log in. 

Weirdly if i go to nowtv.com on my phone browser and try to log in/view my passes it won't let me if I use the wifi.  If I'm on cellular data it's fine.  I have reset wifi, same result.  Suspect it's a central Now TV issue

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would be inclined to either try factory resetting your Router or leave the power off on the Router for about 30 minutes.

Where it sounds to me that you may have a rogue IP address on your Router that NowTV doesn't like if it's happening to all your NowTV playback devices when using your Home Router.

Can't guarantee it will work, but worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think so.  They seem to be having a massive outage at the moment.  Can't sign into the TV app, signing into the website takes ages, and if you manage to get in the Passes section says "We're having trouble displaying your Passes."

This community board is the only thing that's working.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problems down in South Wales Watching with my Cinema and Sports pass with my NowTV 4K box so it can't be effecting everybody and there would be hundreds of posts littered on the forum.

superglo2012
Scholar 3

I had this twice last night watching a program definitely not my error it is Now Tv that needs to correct this as customers are paying for a service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so maybe it affects certain people logging in.  I have been having "something went wrong" messages for several days, and the Passes section of the website has been malfunctioning for several days.

UPDATE: Seems to be working again now, although there is still a fault on the website when I try to take advantage of a Passes offer when I try to cancel.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would only be tempted to switch off your Router for about 30 minutes if all your playback NowTV devices are stuck permanently with the "Something Went Wrong" error message .

If it's intermittent across different NowTV devices or comes or go then there is an issue at NowTV end (either account or device hardware / software related) and live chat might be the best point of call to flag it up.