cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something's not right, give it a moment or check internet connection

Cannot stream Now Tv on our smart Tv. 

As soon as we try to stream a film, the coloured circles go round for a while then the message ‘Unknown page error’ comes up with ‘Something’s not right. Give it a moment or check the internet connection’. 

Nothing wrong with internet connection as we can access Netflix and all other apps fine. 

Billing all up to date as last payment went out on 18th Dec but in my acc details on Now Tv it says there is no payments taken or no future payment set up! 

Really strange as we have had Now Tv for 3 years with no problems at all until now!

Any suggestions?????

• LG
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NowTV app on LG TV is doing the same, never had issues with NowTV STBs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Cannot stream Now Tv on our smart Tv. 

As soon as we try to stream a film, the coloured circles go round for a while then the message ‘Unknown page error’ comes up with ‘Something’s not right. Give it a moment or check the internet connection’. 

Nothing wrong with internet connection as we can access Netflix and all other apps fine. 

Billing all up to date as last payment went out on 18th Dec but in my acc details on Now Tv it says there is no payments taken or no future payment set up! 

Really strange as we have had Now Tv for 3 years with no problems at all until now!

Any suggestions?????

Welcome to the Forum 🙂

we are sorry to see you are experiencing these issues with your NOWTV app on your boxes, have you tried changing the HDMI cables or checking the internet connection as this can affect the NOWTV as well as it streams via the internet. Also you can try checking for software updates 

On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

These instructions can also be found at  http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-011-NOW-TV-Box.

If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

OR if this doesn't work try resetting the box 

Hard reset

On the back of the NOW TV box, or bottom of the NOW TV Smart box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).

Factory reset

Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and selectSystem.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everythingand press the Play / Pausebutton three times.

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you fix this error on the windows 10 app. Been searching for a fix for a good 6 months now. And the old "uninstall and reinstall" advice just does not work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, the app from the windows 10 store doesn't allow login, showing the message mentioned by the op.

Launching from browser to the 'other' downloaded app does nothing from Chrome and Edge, whereas Firefox asks to assign a program.  Selecting the now tv video player from its hidden folder location does nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi! 

Did you ever find a resolution for this? Our LG Smart TV has been doing this for a while now and all other apps are working correctly! Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m also having this issue, it worked fine when I first signed up last week since then there was an automatic update and now I’m getting “there was an error in the player” and then this Unknown page error comes up I’ve tried everything ! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

If you are using the native NowTV App on a LG Smart TV, then see if anything in this link thread helps.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/App-won-t-work/m-p/524172#M10020 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started my free trial just to watch a specific program and keep getting the somethings not right error. Iv tried using a different device, iv tried resetting my router nothing seems to work. It's only that one program that it does it on but that's the program I signed up for so if I can't watch it I'm going back to Netflix 🤷‍♀️

There is No way at all to speak to now TV I'm so disappointed! Iv this isn't resolved before the end of my free trial I'm gone! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me.

I get "somethings not right" message when trying to sign into the NOW TV store app on Windows 10.  So shelved that.   The downloaded app via browser also doesn't work, it hangs before any picture comes up.  I have exhausted all ways to fix this, and I mean I have tried everything - I come from a computer support background, and have invested HOURS trying to fix this.

I now admit defeat...   NOW TV - please cancel my subscription, I will be back when you have a more professional setup, that actually works!