cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box flickering and have to unplug and plug it to get it to work

Hi. My smart box is 2 years old. In the morning I have to pull the plug and then put it in again to make the box work. Now its happening in the day and light is flickering on box.

Do I need a new power plug or box please? 

Also are the new smart boxes any different to what I got 2 years ago?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The light on the front will flash on and off when it's first switched on, and whenever it loses Internet connection (the flashing light shows it's trying to establish a connection) however it is unusual that you can't wake it from standby without unpugging it (have you tried new batteries in the remote?)

Difficult to say if you need a new box or not - if the light is fading/flickering rapidly rather than a steady flashing then that would not be normal. Try popping onto live chat and explaining what's happening and they can look into it for you. 

You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I am using my tv remote so will try my new remote with the smart stick I bought and see if it solves it.

I bought the Now stock and I didnt know you couldnt get freeview so am having to stick with the box. My son can have Now stick.

Also what is this smart box trial please? Have you a new smart box coming out?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Unfortunately the remote that comes with the smart stick can only be used with the smart stick, it won't work with the boxes (and similarly the remote from the boxes doesn't work with the stick). 

There was a trial a while back for a new box, but I've not heard anything about when/if it's coming out, and don't know any details about it. There is a current trial that people have been signing up for, but it's not for a new box, rather it's for an updated interface.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. The stick remote is working for the smart box as I pressed the pairing button. It seems to have made it work.

I need a new remote anyway for myself.Seen them on sky page.

The box seems to be better with new remote. See how it goes. 

Thanks very much for your help.