cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Tv

Hi there I have a samsung tv. We are logged into nowtv on it but on the left hand side menu there is only search, highlights and genres. I am looking to stream sky sports. Please can you help where I can find this on the app. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the inbuilt NowTV App from your Samsung Smart TV Apps Store.

Where what you are describing to me what you see on screen is that you have a Youview Box connected to your Television where the NowTV App only currently supports movies 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. I think that seems right. Does this mean I cannot stream from my tv or can I download a different app?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately if you are using the NowTV App on a Youview Box, then you won't currently be able to watch NowTV Sports with a NowTV Sports Pass on it 😠.

This is going to change sometime this year (no official date yet known) where NowTV Sports, Entertainment & Kids will be added to the Youview Platform.

Though this doesn't help you at the moment 😡.

See if you own another device from this help article (click the green drop down arrows in the guide to expand the on screen information).

Otherwise the cheapest hardware option to buy would be the nowtv stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

All Smart Samsung TVs made since 2015 should have the NowTV app on them, either preloaded, and visible when you go into Smart Hub on the TV, or via Apps there (Search for ‘Now’, as the easiest way to find it).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.