Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Smart TV in-built apps

Hi everyone

Hope that you are well.

Has anyone noticed any issues with the Now TV apps on TV's? I have a Samsung and LG and over the last few days, but especially today on the LG, I am getting Sorry, Unknown Page Error - Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check the internet connection.

Internet connection is fine - both TV's are wired connection and I am working from home so I know that the internet is working fine as I am working using it.

Any ideas of what to try or is this a Now TV (their end) error do you think?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

If it's happening on all NowTV content, then these are the things i would try (though i don't own a LG Smart TV).

1. Unplug the LG television for about a minute at the mains outlet socket to see if that clears the fault.

2. If that doesn't work try a fresh NowTV App download from the LG Smart TV App Store.

3. Still no luck try going into the LG menu settings and do a full factory reset, this is a pain where you will need to setup the TV from scratch including scanning for TV channels, logging into your Apps with your sign in details & password etc (if you have calibrated the picture in anyway write down all your settings before factory resetting any television).

Lindzi
Elite 2

Thanks @schnapps 

I will try the reboot of both TV's....I really want to avoid factory reset just because one streaming app I cannot for the life of me remember my login details so if I do that I may be logged out of that forever 🙈

Now TV on the TV apps have been stable for ages, just could do without them playing up now though. Although I should be working really 😆

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Reading the forum recently there seems to be more reports of issues with the LG native NowTV App rather than the Samsung native NowTV App.

Quite a few reports on LG Smart TV'S with regards to a message saying something like there is an error in the player where a full factory reset cleared that particular message.

I am guessing you have tried a reboot also on your Router (even if your Television is running over Ethernet) ?

Hopefully an LG Smart TV owner will come to your rescue on here or perhaps see if you get any hit results by using the search box on the top of the forum page ?

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps 

Yep, rebooted router and both TV's. The LG did a software update when rebooting so hopefully that may help!

As always, thank you for your help