cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow app and slow buffering

Been a user of now tv for 3+ years using Roku stick and roku 3. Up until about a month ago no complaint at all. Now all of a sudden the app is very slow and unresponsive.also when loading live tv or on demand it will be poor quality for several minutes. This both devices. My virgin fibre is fine at 50mb. I've uninstalled on both devices. Is it a coincidence it's the same time 'adverts' introduced before on demand? 

Other people have reported it I've read but no solution. Any ideas??

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. My internet is fine 30-40mb. It seems they changed something on a update and messed up something else and cant fix it. If i hadnt paid for a years sub i would leave. And if its not fixed by xmas thats what ill be doing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

white now box very slow and bbc iplayer wont load properly, broad band speed 30mbs,has been fine for last 3years

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 100mbs connection that is constant, however I am finding of late that the Now TV app is so slow I am at the point of going else where as this problem is with the service provider and not with the customer. I have the same issue whether I have devices connected to my home network or not. When viewing anything I am noticing that the quality of stream is poor and when connecting to the Now TV servers I am dropping packets, this is only happening with this streaming service and not any others I subscribe to. This needs to be fixed or I am off, there are many other providers out there that are currently providing a superior service to Now TV at present.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, been watching Sky Sports on a Roku 4k stick without issue, until recently. Excellent WiFi signal and rate of 20-40Mbps ...... Yet streams are blocky a lot and most annoyingly total freezes!!!! Absolute rubbish!!