cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parauk
Mentor

Sky sports golf freezing only when adverts come on

Now tv has been working fine for past few years , no problems at all . 
now a few days ago while watching sky sports golf it freezes when the adverts come on . Fine when the golf is on but as soon as the adverts start it freezes . Never happens when golf or other sports Chanel is on .

I am viewing on a Samsung tv with built in now tv app . Not wireless connection but hard wired from router 

have reinstalled app and router ect but still happening have good internet speed via fibre to outside the house . 
why has this started and why only when ads come on . Thanks for any help and advice 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Parauk 

Have you tried rebooting the TV and router?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Parauk 

Have you tried rebooting the TV and router?

Parauk
Mentor
Yes did all that , still freezing in the ads, I still can’t understand why its just started to do this after a couple of years trouble free
And why only when the ads come on, if it was weak connection then the golf would freeze but it does not
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Parauk 

No need to mark my post as a solution since it was of no help 😛 

To ask a daft question do you have boost? 
Take it this is live your watching too?

Parauk
Mentor
No I do not have boost and yes I am watching live. Would boost solve this a is am thinking of cancelling if this keeps on happening .
I am new here so hit the solved button by mistake.
But thank you very much for your help and interest in my problem, its much appreciated
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Parauk 

It’s very possible but wouldn’t want you to spend more money just in case it won’t work. Is it just that  channel? Have you been able to try any others even if it is entertainment (assuming you have the membership)?

Parauk
Mentor
I have movies as well and not aware of it happening on that channel but then once the movie starts no adverts come on
This has come out of the blue . ???
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Parauk 

With all live channels you’ll always get adverts. With the films it’ll only be before and after. 

Have you tried any other devices like your mobile or a tablet?

Otherwise I’m out of ideas and would say to report with staff via live chat. To get live chat you need to click “chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or you can email support using the address from the below picture.

IMG_0325.jpeg

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Parauk 

Boost won’t stop ads on live programmes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Never said they did 😜 was trying to see if it was boost related or not