cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports + boost no 5.1 sound

Hi, 

I have a skysports and boost membership but am not getting surround sound when watching any of the channels.

I have checked the settings and started an entertainment trial membership and the surround sound is working fine on those channels and the on demand programmes.

However, the sports channels will only play in stereo.

I am using the NOW Smart Box with 4K  connected to a yamaha av receiver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @expectingtofly 

This was posted by another forum member.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/Roku-4K-2022-Dolby-5-1-Surround-Sound-not-available-Live-TV/m-p/574294#M3547 

Don't know if this will work for you, where i can't check myself because my 5.1 surround sound system is out of commission.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to log out and back in? 

Just to make sure, did you update the sound settings on the box? 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

I have tried that and done a factory reset 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Jump onto live chat as it could be an issue with perhaps your account or Sky sports on that device itself.

Just make sure to click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

Thanks already doing that. They seem to think my box is faulty and was advised to buy a new one. Told them that it didn't make sense, as the on demand programmes are working fine in HD and surround sound, it's just the live channels that are not working. 

Have sent them screenshot of the picture and speed test to prove that I have the bandwidth. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is your box Ethernet or Wi-Fi connected?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 ethernet connections on both the TV and now TV box. Checked the ethernet and HDMI cables and everything is fine. They have done something wrong at their end. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s cool, just wanted to make sure everything could be done at your end and it definitely sounds like an issue with the feed from NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 yeah, it doesn't make sense to me as the av receiver is still picking up pcm audio signal 

expectingtofly
Scholar

@Anonymous User   I have 2 roku based devices, a black now tv box and a roku express.  Neither of them work for live 5.1 surround sound.   I can get the black now tv box working for 5.1 surround for on demand content and other apps, but not for live.

I have other devices (e.g. the Now app on a youview box ) that works in the same set up for surround sound on the live channels.  I can move them all into the same set up, and it is on the the youview box that works for surround sound (on live).

This is connected to a sony dn1080 av amp.

Its a dispiriting experience trying to convince the online support of that,  so I gave up long ago.

If you get anywhere finding out what the problem is, let me know!