cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky go

Please could someone tell me how I put skygo on my now tv purchased today.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Go doesn't work with any NowTV branded devices or do you mean Sky Store ?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Go doesn't work with any NowTV branded devices or do you mean Sky Store ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you for replying. I was told by the store that i would be able to access my sky channels with this device.

I already pay for the cinema etc channels.

Jo

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Go is not part of the NowTV service or none of the NowTV devices, such has the NowTV Box or NowTV stick works with a Sky Go subscription.

I believe with a Sky Go subscription you can use a mobile device or PC / Mac.

If you have bought a NowTV Box or Stick, take it back to the shop and ask for a refund because you was miss sold by the sales person.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV is a totally separate streaming service from Sky Satellite or Sky Go.

More information here about NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I can see where the confusion has arisen 😞

NowTV is a sort of ‘Sky Lite’, which brings you exclusively Sky programmes and Sky Box Sets, but not every single Sky programme, and not every single Sky Box Set.

So you can certainly access Sky channels on it, but not ‘your’ (selection of) Sky channels, and not without paying a further subscription or two, or more, to watch what Sky are providing on NowTV.

Which is not quite what an existing Sky subscriber, wanting to watch the Sky channels they are already subscribed to on the go, would be looking for.

Really, NowTV is for cheapskates like me, who want to dip their toe in the Sky water from time to time, without signing up for the whole box and dish thing; it’s instead of, rather than additional to, a permanent, or semi-permanent, subscription to Sky.

As for Sky Go, you can watch it on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop/PC/Mac, but there is nothing that will show it on a TV, and so it’s not on any Sticks or boxes, as far as I know.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB I'm not sure if the Amazon fire stick still has it. My brother use to use it there when he had Sky🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @caseyb1993 

I don't think the Sky Go is officially supported on the Fire Stick or Fire TV Boxes, where i believe you have to side load the App.

Don't know if it has changed recently, where i haven't used my Fire Stick or Fire TV Box in the last year or so.

Roku is now my go to streaming devices 😀.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps  Roku, all the way!

Strange as I definitely remember it being in the Amazon app store when I first had the fire stick. For the stick and kindle fires.

Looking though, they have removed it and just kept the tablet app 😮

*Mandela effect alert*

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @caseyb1993 

I might be wrong, but i think you can download the Sky Go App from the Amazon Apps Store for the Fire Tablets, but i don't think you can for their FTV devices.

Perhaps i will need to dust the cobwebs off my FTV box and stick to double check 😆.