cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky comedy live stream not working on Samsung smart TV

Hi,

All the other live channels are working OK and I can watch VOD for Sky comedy, but when I try and watch the live channel I get "there was an error in the player".

I have reinstalled the app, left the TV and router unplugged for over an hour and still no joy. Strangely the image for the live channel on the main page is just a back box - all other channels show images of the programmes that are on.

Other streaming apps work OK.

The app version for NowTV on the TV is 3.6.4 (this is the only version number I can see)

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not an answer but just to say I get this too with a now tv smart box. I can however watch the channel live on my phone.

BicBasher
Elite

Same issue with my Smart Box.  Works on my phone, tablet and PC.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@BicBasher @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Thanks for raising this we will get this sent off to be looked into 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - the stream works now, but strangely shows the box at the bottom right (like when viewing Sky go)

BicBasher
Elite

Working for me too now as well.  Thanks guys.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.