cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich1986
Scholar

Sky box office on roku

Will we ever get the sky box office app on roku. Wanted to order it today but unable to.
13 Replies
pctech
Scholar

Sky box office app?

I gather there's a box office app for the Roku devices running the Sky custom firmware but does anyone know if it's available for the stock streaming stick?

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky box office app?

Hi @pctech,

From what I understand, the 'Sky Sports Box Office' app is only available for use with NOW TV branded (Roku) products...

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky box office on roku

@Rich1986 Hello 🙂

That is something you may want to ask Sky and/or Roku. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
NOW TV Team Ruairi-W
NOW TV Team

@Rich1986 wrote:
Will we ever get the sky box office app on roku. Wanted to order it today but unable to.

This is a good idea, I can get this feedback. 

Rich1986
Scholar

Thank you. Roku is complete if we can get it
0 Thanks
Rich1986
Scholar

Any news on this?.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team Aaron-R
NOW TV Team

@Rich1986 wrote:
Any news on this?.

Hi @Rich1986

No news at the minute we'll post it here once we know more Smiley Happy

wonky1970
Advocate

Any word yet if Sky box office app is coming on roku?

0 Thanks
WT77
Scholar

@Rich1986 wrote:

I realise that this comes a long time after the fact but, for those with Roku devices, there is now an official private channel for "Sky Sports Box Office" that can be added through your Roku account.

Full details, including the code required to install it, are availble in this article:- 

"How to watch Whyte vs. Parker live on Roku players & NOW TV devices"

It was published around a week ago, ahead of the fight between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker at the O2 in London, but the code remains valid for the channel and you should still be able to add it before the next pay-per-view event to watch that plus any future ones that come along.

FYI: The look and feel of the Roku private channel for SSBO is exactly the same as for the app that can be found in the app store on NOW TV devices so it should be familiar to anyone who has used it on their NOW TV Box or Smart Stick, etc.

Hope that's of some use to you!Smiley Happy