cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports back to 25fps

Hi. According to now tv site, there is some technical problem and for now all sports channel are streaming at 25 fps, even if you have the boost pass. The picture quality is bad and the football games are barely watchable at 25 fps.

How long will it take them to fix? Paying for the boost and having that low picture quality is a joke..

"We’re aware that some NOW TV Boost customers with a Sky Sports Pass are experiencing issues with streaming quality on YouView boxes. To make sure all customers can continue to enjoy the latest sporting action, we’ve reduced the streaming rate from 50 to 25 frames per second on all Sky Sports channels for now. We’re sorry about this issue, and we’re working hard to get it fixed as soon as we can. You can continue to enjoy other NOW TV Boost features on your YouView box, including full HD, surround sound and streaming on 3 devices at the same time."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Xbox One or LG Web OS Smart TV's with the native NowTV App with the Boost Pass doesn't support 50fps playback  😠.

Have a read of this article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

This is just on the You View box.  I am going to start my sports pass + boost tomorrow, but I have Now TV sticks so shouldn’t be impacted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not only for youview I'm afraid. I tried the app on my tv and xbox and the frame rate is not 50fps. 

The link says "for youview boxes" in the title, but it seems that they reduced the frame rate for everyone because of issues with the youview boxes..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Xbox One or LG Web OS Smart TV's with the native NowTV App with the Boost Pass doesn't support 50fps playback  😠.

Have a read of this article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for that. 

But I was using my LG tv (web OS) with now tv boost with no problem few months ago! What has changed?? ??

I' m going to cancel again, I think. It's really useless...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Since NowTV Boost was introduced on the NowTV service back in October / November last year, LG Web OS Smart TV's haven't supported 50fps 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe I was watching on my youview box then. I am confused with all these devices and my memory is weaker and weaker as I am getting older!!😂

Thanks again. Have a lovely day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I have a you view box and the sky sports is definitely not refreshing at 50 - the ball moving through the air is fuzzy - and it spoils the watch also the sounds repeatedly breaks down - it is unwatchable - and I am paying a lot for this poor service - But on my native now tv on my LG smart tv the picture is a lot better and the sound doesn’t break up 

how do you explain this as you seem to say that it won’t work in LG 

how do we get compensated for the poor service or. Are we expected to just put up with it or cancel ? 
Dows someone from

now tv customer service actually answer these comments as it seems this is the only way you can contact now tv to try and resolve these issues 

I look forward to hearing from Now tv but don’t have much faith that I will 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV had to reduce the frame rate back to 25 fps on the Youview Boxes with a Boost Pass when using the NowTV App according to this service banner (see screen shot below).

i don't know if you are a BT TV customer using the BT TV live channels through the main BT EPG guide if the sports frame rate is effected by this.

Use this link below for the various methods to send in a complaint.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Screenshot_2020-09-23-20-15-10.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for replying but I don’t know what you are telling me
The now tv app on bttv ( ie you view box) is unwatchable
The now tv app that is on my LG smart tv works -
Is this a level of service that you think is good enough - why can’t I get to watch the sky sports through the bttv you view box
Incidentally I pay for boost so can work in HD does it also mean I should be able to watch the ultra hd as well
Thanks if you reply