cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News on Apple TV

Can anyone clarify this? NowTV advisor I chatted with had no clue.

I have active Movies, Entertainment and Kids passes and understood you could watch Sky Sports News with any of these, without having to buy a Sports Pass.

It works fine on my Samsung TV app, my iPad, iPhone and Now TV Stick but if I try to watch the channel on my Apple TVs (3rd gen and 4th gen), it tells me I need a Sports Pass.

The channel DOES work, as I tried buying a Sports Day pass and SSN worked fine along with all the other sports channels but after the 24hour period, it went back to being blocked.

Any idea why it doesn't allow viewing on Apple TV only with the other passes? I just replaced a now tv stick with an apple tv and gutted I can't watch SSN in that room now.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Duncaw67

Out of interest since the new updated official release of the NOW App that you was trialing, can you still access Sky Sports News on your Apple TV without an active sports Membership on your account.

Where you mentioned on page 1 on this thread that you got SSN running without a Sports Membership on your ATV and I asumed you had an active Cinema, Entertainment, Kids or Hayu Membership instead (like how SSN works if you was using a NOW or Roku device).

Just curious if the SSN feature was passed over from the trial App to the public NOW App on Apple TV boxes.

Where there is no mention about it on the NOW Sky Sports News help article.

Cheers.