cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Monthyl Pass via Chromecast App on iPad

I am planning on purchasing a Sky Sports Monthly Pass. I plan to access the service via the app on my iPad and cast this to my TV using Chromecast.

I have succesfully watched the Sky Sports Day Pass using this method and, before signing up for the month pass, wanted to know if there are any restrictions in using this method?

I read somewhere on the Now TV website that there may be issues with the Sky Sports Month Pass on Apple TV/ airplay mirroring and was worried in case a similiar issue applied to the Month Pass being accessed via an iPad and then cast to the TV via Chromecast.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

No worries, you can cast from your iPad to your Chromecast in exactly the same way with any of the passes available, including the monthly sports pass. 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

No worries, you can cast from your iPad to your Chromecast in exactly the same way with any of the passes available, including the monthly sports pass. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your reply- really appreciate the advice and peace of mind 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome, enjoy your sports pass! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting sky sports with day passion now to is not possible in any way shape or form. How did you manage is a mystery
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Day pass not passion
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let me try that again since my autocorrect is spinning things around! Casting sky sports with a day pass via now tv has so far been impossible as sky appear to have constantly been jamming the feed. When purchasing this for my niece last night it said on the site that it was possible to cast now to with sports this way and today I find its not true. It was only supposed to be a present for her however I'm disappointed to have given her this 'gift' that's not really useful any longer now
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you are using an Apple iOS or Android phone/tablet to cast with, as NOW TV doesn't work if you try and cast from a laptop/desktop. Also you would need to have a spare device slot free on your account as the Chromecast takes up one of your four slots. If that doesn't help, post back with details of what happens when you try and someone should be able to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue trying to cast the lunch time kick off today. Tv says ready to cast when I press the cast icon on my iPad but just get four coloured spinning circles and my iPad goes blank and nothing on the tv. Have tried my iPhone also with same result! Help!!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We did have a temporary service issue on ios and android devices, really sorry this meant you were unable to watch!

I'll drop you an email in regards to your account.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team