cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Living not available on Now TV Apple TV

For the past 2 to 3 days I am unable to watch any content on Sky Living through Now TV/Apple TV.

Restoring purchase is not solving the issue.

I could not find any way to contact Customer Support.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User SkyLiving changed its name to SkyWitness some time ago. Can you get that?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks fo rthe clear instructions.

I followed them to the letter and learnt a few tricks on the way.

Unfortunately I can only report that nothng has changed.

The bug is there.

I also re-commissioned an old Apple TV (2d gen) and can confirm that the NOW TV app misbehaves in exactly the same way, which, as the OS is completely different, would point to a NOW TV back end issue, not a front end one.

Still being passed around by the ever so unhelpful "help" team...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this reply is to a very old thread - but there still appears to be problems with Sky Living via the NowTV app on Apple TV.

Following these instructions, I was able to start watching a Sky Living / Sky Witness programme. However, after watching something on Sky One (for a few minutes) and then using the Schedule to choose Sky Witness, I am again seeing the "you need a pass" page. Going back to the main NowTV app display and choosing Sky Witness from the Live TV section, clicking through the Schedule (which still shows the wrong programme details), I can watch Sky Living / Sky Witness programmes.

So, there still appears to be a bug in the NowTV app, but at least I can watch the Sky Living programmes.

nst
Elite

No offense, @Anonymous User but as we all know this app is long neglected and over 4 years since an update.  I dont think at this point its realistic to expect it to work at all well.

there is no point bothering with it until NowTV pull their finger out and update it.

whatever weird and wonderful quirks it has such as the ones you are experiencing are to be expected with such an old and neglected app.

all we can hope is that NowTV update their app for AppleTV, either that or remove it completely and officially discontinue support for the AppleTV platform as those using it are getting a significantly under par user experience.

p.s. I’m being a bit dramatic...as we do expect a new version soon (at least for the current version of the AppleTV hardware)