cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign in on Amazon Fire stick 4K

Hi there

I downloaded NowTV app on my fire stick 4k. When I opened it, i was shown a qrcode and an URL: nowtv.com/amazon. I opened the link on Mac chrome, logon. It asked me to choose a pass. I have already paid for my Sky sport month pass. I click get, an error was shown.

May I ask what did I do wrong? Thanks.

```

Oops something went wrong
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, please try again later.

```

* I am based in London.

* I cant find firestick on label.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I did not know I have to click close to enter into the dashboard.

I thought the authentication is via scanning the QRCode and logon on the mobile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a fire stick, but wondering it may be just some NowTV advertising on the NowTV App when you first downloaded it from the Stick Apps Store.

Do you see a box with a small x on the advertising screen page, if so navigate to it and close the advert.

Then hopefully, the NowTV App main Home Screen will then display on your TV screen.

To sign into the NowTV App from the Home Screen page, move down to the bottom of the screen under the My Account tile box and click on it, where there should be an option to sign in or out of the NowTV App.

Not sure you need your Mac Computer, where you normally sign in with your existing account via the NowTV App on the Stick (might be wrong, because i don't own a suitable Fire device with the NowTV App).

Another thing to try is make sure if you are using a VPN it is set to the UK or disabled when using NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I did not know I have to click close to enter into the dashboard.

I thought the authentication is via scanning the QRCode and logon on the mobile.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes me too. But of course why would any Sky company make it easier for their punters? They just want to get their mitts on your money & don't mind what hoops they put you through.

What actually happens is when you close you get the display of what's on (dashboard I suppose). When you select an item like Sky Sports News that is when you get presented with a login. Of course the keyboard is in no way standard layout so if like me you use a password manager under Windows which is where I usually begin my relationships with suppliers, & these products generate complex passwords complete with special; characters (semi colon intended).

The keyboard doesn't show the password which is normal on streaming sticks because you're not using a keyboard. The actual layout is abysmal & doesn't even offer the popular email domains so everything has to be done with extra care. Makes you think do they really want your business?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Every device, not just the Firestick.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Signing-in-on-a-new-device/m-p/564924/highlight/true#

Noting that other app providers, e.g. Amazon Prime and Netflix, provide an onscreen QR code to assist you logging on on a new device without all that painful typing, you have incorrectly assumed that Now have done the same.

Actually, they haven’t, and the QR code is only to assist potential new members to subscribe.

But Now could perfectly well make the QR code dual purpose, depending on whether you are new or existing.

At the moment though, it’s a good example of Now falling flat on its face once again, and a revealing indication of where existing members are in Now’s scheme of priorities 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.