cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung tv does not start from where left off

Hi. I have just started using the NowTV App on a Samsung smart TV I just purchased but it is not starting programmes from where I left them. I also have a NowTV box and the app on an Apple TV box both of these always start from where I left the programme. Any idea why the app on the Samsung TV is not doing this please? It always starts from the start again and it’s a bit frustrating for me and the kids. Many thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’ll check this out on a couple of Samsungs I have here tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Just tried again just now. The program that we just watched has the
red progress bar underneath showing that it's about half way through but
clicking on it plays from the start again. Its a q65 TV Q60 version and we
are on Now TV kids.

Gary
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Both my Samsungs restart OK from where the episode was left off.

Tried going out, and in again, to make sure I was working with where the episode was left off actually in this app, and not from watching it earlier on a Stick.

But this was Entertainment (Catherine the Below Average, my favourite ‘sacrifice’ programme for testing), as I don’t have Kids.

If you have Entertainment, can you try it on a programme there, to see if this is perhaps a Kids thing, or if it still happens there also?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for checking. We only have kids. We have the NowTV app on Apple TV box and an actual NowTV box and these both pick up from where we left off but the NowTV app on the television just keeps starting from the beginning each time. Is there anything else I can try?

thanks

g

Gary

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You could try the super-restart that I describe here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Cannot-use-NOW-TV-App-on-laptop/m-p/514381/highlight/true#M6070

which got my Samsung TV working on Netflix again after it stopped.

Entirely non-destructive (to anything that matters) and might help, and it can’t hurt to try it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I tried turning the power off of the TV and tried again. I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with the same problem.

i have also done some other tests

kids section on Apple TV Now TV app resumes where left off

Actual Now TV box kids programs resume where they left off.

i have now got a movies pass and tried the same.

The movies all resume where they left off including the app on the Samsung TV.

The issue is therefore with the kids channel on the Samsung TV App as it works OK everywhere else. How can I report this fault?

Gary

RoyB
Legend

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv