cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung smart tv

Hi, I bought a pass for the F1 season for my dad with my email address. It won’t let me join on their smart samsung tv, I guess because they’ve logged into the tv with their email 

any idea how I can put my account onto their tv please?

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Scroll right to the bottom of the Now Home Screen, and then across to the far right. You will see a box marked ‘My Account’.

Making sure that your parents know how to get back to their account afterwards(!), click Sign out, and then sign in on your email address.

This answers your question, and will do for now, but obviously swapping in and out of the two accounts will be a bit laborious for them; and unless you have Boost, you won’t be able to use your account while they are using it.

So you might want to get in touch with Now on Live Chat

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

(he quotes, taking his life in his hands 😛)

and ask for the membership to be transferred to their account. Except that they would end up paying for it from next month on…

I would get round this by supplying an old Now Stick with my account on, so they would only have to swap between their Now account on the TV and your gift one on the Stick, without all the logging in and out as above.

But this would presume you have an old Now Stick, Now Black Box, Roku Stick or Amazon Firestick knocking around to give or lend them, or they did, and also that you had Boost, to allow them and you to use it at the same time.

It seems to be hard to give Now streaming as a gift, now that vouchers and gift cards are no more 😢

Maybe ask Live Chat if they have any better suggestions?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I forgot to add that you should set a Payment PIN on your account, so your parents can’t buy any memberships on it.

Not that they would be out to rook you deliberately, of course, but if they tried to do it by accident, it would alert them that they should be doing it on the other account 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks sorted for me