cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung smart tv stuck on cookie consent

Now been cut off mid conversation twice on chat so given up on that. Now Tv app will not move on from cookie consent page. Deleted app. Doible checked latest ver (7.13.6)

tv firmware up to date. 

if I cannot watch the app I will be cancelling my subscription

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

We can't really help much here I'm afraid, this is a user based forum. How old is the Samsung TV? Have you tried a full reset on it? Are you able to access NOW TV via other devices? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A few people have reported this.

Over on NOW Twitter help, they suggested closing the NOW App, unplug the power to the Samsung Smart TV (say for 2 minutes) then try the NOW App again which should clear the Cookies message.

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV to confirm if the above helps or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you I will try that. I did via the tv menu clear all the cache memory but that didn’t help either. Difficult to get an answer to whether this is a Samsung or Nowtv issue.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Have a look at the Samsung TV dropdown in the help article here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-on-my-device

SteGee
Observer

Hi,

I have the same problem.  The NOW TV app worked fine then has stopped for some reason and gets stuck on the cookie permissions page.  Having read the replies I decided not to waste time trying to fix it and just plugged a Fire TV stick into the TV's HDMI socket.  I was lucky enough to have one spare we keep for holidays etc.  I suggest you watch out for Amazon sales when you can pick one up quite cheaply.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

As anybody tried leaving the cookies consent page screen on the television for a couple of minutes and then tried clicking the buttons? 

Only reason I have mentioned it, is because this is how somebody with a NOW Stick resolved the stuck cookies consent message on their playback device.

Might be worth a try if you haven't done it already.

Unfortunately I don't own a Samsung Smart TV to try when this message pops up on the television screen.

Seth86
Advocate

I'm having exact same issue. Works on my phone but not on my Samsung TV. X box. Or firestick. Tried everyone that others have posted. Really fed up of it. This happened months ago and canceled it due to it. But since Brassic season 5 came out I tried again but exact same issue. Fed up. 

RoyB
Legend

@Seth86 

If there are several devices Now does not work on for you, then it is not the same issue, as the problem with Samsung TVs does not occur in the same way on other devices.

But we do see this ‘works on my phone but nowhere else’ issue from time to time. Can you double check that the phone is working over your WiFi, and not going out over cellular?

Do you have Now Broadband, and if so, ensure Broadband Buddy is set to 18 or switched off?

And can you do a character by character comparison between the successful User ID and Password on the phone, and what you are typing in on these other devices? Upper case Is (eyes) and lower case ls (ells) which are indistinguishable here, Os and 0s and so on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.