cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Samsung app - what's going on?

Hi everyone
Anyone else having problems with the app? Some programmes/films i cannot ff or rwd. Some I can but if I do that an error comes up saying pass expired (um no it's not)
If anyone has a fix please could you let me know?
14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV but have you tried either a full power down reboot on your TV by unplugging the television at the mains outlet electrical socket for about a minute or a fresh reinstall of the NowTV App from the Samsung TV's App Store.

If you have a 2017 Samsung TV, then Samsung are apparently aware of an issue which you need to contact Samsung Support for a manual fix but reading this article it refers to problems loading the App which you don't seem to have.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-loading-on-samsung-tv

Lindzi
Elite 2
Thanks @schnapps
I've tried the reboot of the TV but no luck. On the link you provided I don't seem to have a way of reinstalling the app...I just have open or delete.
Oh well just another inconvenience at the hands of now tv, may look into watching via another device to see if it's less painful 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

I am sure i read in the past if you hover over the NowTV App it will give you an option to delete the App.

Then go to the Samsung Smart TV Apps Store section and under Search type in NowTV to find the fresh App to install.

Suggest you hold fire on the above until a Samsung Smart TV owner comes along who can talk you through the process.

Lindzi
Elite 2
@schnapps
I think the delete just removes it from my shortcuts on the hub rather than deletes the app? The app says it was last updated march 2019 and is the latest version so I expect that is probably the problem! Updates for now tv always makes things worse, in my humble opinion 😉
Thank you for help, I really do appreciate it
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

Yeah it does sound like the latest software update may have broken something 😠😠😠.

Perhaps somebody who owns a Samsung Smart TV who knows of a fix will come to your rescue.

Otherwise see if live chat or Samsung Help support can offer you some further assistance.

Anyway Goodluck and i hope you get it sorted soon.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

See if this video taken from the Samsung website helps with regards to deleting the NowTV App.

Where the video shows how to remove the App via the settings or how to just remove the App from your favourite home screen.

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-uninstall-applications-from-smart-tv/

Like i said i would be more comfortable if a Samsung Smart TV owner talks it though with you on how to remove the NowTV App and undertake a fresh install of the App.

Lindzi
Elite 2
@schnapps
Thank you 🙂
I won't do anything drastic. The samsung video doesn't match the tv I have but i will search the site to try and find mine (a bit old but good enough for a second tv)
I may be mistaken but on the few very limited tests I've done on random shows it seems that newer uploaded shows I cannot ff or rwd but older ones i can eg new season of big little lies it doesn't work but The Last Watch (GOT) it does work....weird!
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Lindzi @schnapps 

I have a houseful of Samsung Smart TVs, 4 with the NowTV app on.

I’m at work right now, but can try this later on tonight.

We are watching BLL at the moment, on catchup, and I do recall rewinding a Season 2 episode OK, when my wife missed a critical blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ten seconds (she blinked) which I thought it important she see (and she agreed).

That was the bit where... but no spoilers! 🙂

But I’ll try it again, on the nearest TV to yours out of the four.

EDIT: Can you please tell me which model you have, though?

Also, I’m pretty sure there’s a reset on the TV more thoroughgoing than a power cycle.

I’ll have a look in the Menus and tell you where it is, in case it might prove useful.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @RoyB 

It's UE32J5500 (2015 I think)

I had a look on the Samsung support website, thanks to @schnapps but I couldn't find any help section, for this TV, to delete and reinstall the app. Although the hub shows that the app updated March 2019 and is the most up to date 🤔

I am only on ep 2 of S2 of BLL 😀