cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV won't recognise my account

Hello can any one help? Set up account on Samsung phone but intend to watch on my tv. TV saying doesn't recognise my email address or password. Works perfectly on my phone. Any ideas??
17 REPLIES 17
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broke or withdrawn support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for the assistance. My user name is my email address. Could
that be it, do you think?

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi and thanks for the assistance. My user name is my email address. Could that be it, do you think?

Thanks

Yes. Your NOW TV 'user name' is most probably not your email address 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this issue too, not recognising my username or password on my Samsung smart tv but is fine through IOS app/safari.

No special characters in either user/pass.

Help!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there
Sorry the fix was an easy one. The problem was I originally logged on on my
Samsung galaxy phone. The accounts didn't marry up. I gave it another
couple of days and tried again. It worked fine. How long since you
originally arranged your account and did you do it on your phone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here: simple username and password without any special characters, login works fine in a web browser, but Samsung TV app refuses to log in. It breaks down at the captcha, with generic "There seems to be an issue with your account.

Most likely a bug with the latest release, which will hopefuilly be resolved before too long; the Samsung app has been buggy for a while (my experience).

I love the advice at the bottom of the screen: "Having trouble? Go to NOWTV.com". Very helpful 😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, here's someone else with the same problem.I would say that the evidence base is building for problems due to the recent NowTv app update(s).

I have used the NowTv app since day 1 in 2016 and it's worked perfectly without a single glitch, until ...

Yesterday, my daughter logged me out of the app, to log in with her account (and passes). Sadly neither of us can now log in so we are completely locked out of the service "There seems to be an issue with your account" (red banner heading).

Nothing else has changed, all other devices/logins work perfectly, no special characters in my username/password. All we tried to do was to re-login to the NowTv app, which I see has been updated! Please can the developers be alerted.

TV = UE43J5500 (software version 1480)

App = 1.0.31 (7.6.17)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having the same issue here, running v1.0.31 on Samsung TV.

I'm logged in fine with Roku, iPhone and MacOS apps, but Samsung TV app will not log in. Just the infuriating error message "There seems to be an issue with your account." All other apps on TV work fine (Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer etc) so it is not a connectivity issue.

Troubleshooting steps attempted:

- reinstalled NOWTV app

- attempted login with another account

- restarted internet router

- restarted TV at mains power

NOWTV support have now escalated the issue, and I'm hoping to hear back within 48 hours. Judging by this thread, it is a common issue with the current release. Anybody else found a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital This issue is now resolved, Please launch th app again and you will be prompt to do another update please do this and the player should be working then. 🙂