cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV picture only showing 4:3

NowTv only shows in 4:3 on my samsung tv and the picture size button is not enabled in the settings. Its only the programmes because when the adverts come on it goes into 16:9....are there any suggestions on how this may be fixed. Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what channel are you watching and what program? Some content is from the last millennium and made for 4:3 ratio.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

uk gold but if thats the answer why does it play ok on other devices ie my hudl

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

uk gold but if thats the answer why does it play ok on other devices ie my hudl

It depends on what shows you are watching @Anonymous User. Some will have been produced at 16:9, some at 4:3.

Also, 4:3 and 16:9 content carry a marker flag which instructs the video player which shape the content is. Some playback devices are better at recognising this flag than others.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User that will be down to Hudl's decision on screen fit.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

so basically nothing I can do

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok quick update it must be to do with the programme as Last of the summer wine playing ok made in the 2000s but piglet files and sorry were in 4:3 earlier, made 80s/90s.....thanks all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there I’m trying to watch aqua man on my Samsung smart tv but the picture size is only 4:3 and I am unable to change this whilst watching. Other apps are fine like Netflix etc. Any suggestions?