cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV doesn't want to play, so I can't get NOWTV! No apps, no web browser, nothing.

I've had NowTV for three weeks, nominally at least. I can't watch it. My daughter can so we all crowd round her laptop... or use screen mirroring but the speech and video are so far out of sync it's laughable.

It's a 2015 Samsung model with a 'J' code. Following the instructions for the Samsung App store on this website: http://www.samsung.com/uk/smarttvapps takes me to an advert page for Black Friday and what appears to be the Samsung sell-me-things page, tvs, phones etc NOT apps. I can find apps for Hong Kong and France, but not the UK.

If I try the web browser, I can access the NOWTV homepage but the drop-down menus to allow me to sign in don't appear, no matter how long I leave things. I've tried dozens of options but can't sign in on the television web browser, nor can I find any downloadable app to try.

Can anyone post a link to a downloadable app, or help me get the drop down menus working on the web browser?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried contacting Samsung UK support dept for help ?

If not, open this link page below where there is a phone number for the Samsung UK customer support team.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have a J series Samsung Smart TV which is UK sourced and you are based in the UK, then the NowTV App should be in the App Store on your Television Set.

Not familiar with Samsung Smart TV's, but here's a screen shot from the NowTV Help Centre article on how to get the NowTV App.

Maybe also check in your TV settings that you have selected the UK.

Screenshot (75).png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Schnapps, that's very helpful.

The problem is that  can't find the Samsung App Store... I can find the Hong Kong or French versions, but the UK link appears to take me to a sales page.

Http://www.samsung.com/uk/smarttvapps

Any ideas as to where it really is?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Samsung Smart TV's, but there should be a button on the TV remote controller saying either Smart Hub or App Store.

Make sure your TV is connected to the internet and once in the Samsung Smart Hub, go to the Apps search engine and type in "NowTV" which hopefully will bring up the NowTV App on screen for you to download onto your TV.

Perhaps if you can post the full model number of your Samsung Smart TV here, just to double check that it is definitely supported for the NowTV App.

Hopefully other members who own a Samsung Smart TV will guide you through the process on how to get the NowTV App (subject to that your TV is Now TV supported).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps this help guide may point you in the right direction to open and setup the Smart Hub on a Samsung Smart TV.

The link below is from Samsung US website dated 2017, but hopefully it will be applicable to your UK J series Samsung TV.

http://www.samsung.com/sa_en/support/skp/faq/1061726

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks - thanks for your replies; I haven't been on here for w a while so yes I've been remiss....

but still no joy in setting up the TV.

The serial number seems to support NOWTV, going by web posts: UE48J525200AK but again the Samsung App webpage merely tells me "app not found" 

Is there a downloadable app that can be installed through USB?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no joy, folks - still no NOW TV and after the last hour trying desperately to find it on the Samsung webpage I've given up.

(BTW that link has expired - sorry!)

I go to Smart Hub and get the Samsung webpage, but there is no link for NOWTV and a search for it only lists hundreds of televisions that apparrently can get it. I've checked all the drop-down links, accessories, support, offers, others etc but to no avail.

I'm paying for NOWTV but haven't watched it in over six months.... there MUST be a solution!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried contacting Samsung UK support dept for help ?

If not, open this link page below where there is a phone number for the Samsung UK customer support team.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears this television does NOT support NOWTV, neither does my Sony Blu-Ray player. (Nor my Blaupunkt TV either)

The model is UE48J5200AK for anyone else's future reference.