cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV app “Unable to load video”

New Samsung Q7 series TV. App comes pre-installed and you can’t delete it.

Logged into my NowTV account but every time I try to watch a video get the “Unable to load video” error. Tried across films and entertainment.

Tried other fixes suggested on this forum including; switching off and unplugging TV, resetting router several times. Firmware is up to date. Logged out and back in to the app. Restarted the smart hub. Plugged router directly into TV.

Absolutely nothing works! Any other potential fixes?

App works fine on LG TV, an older Samsung TV, iPhone etc...

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As a suggestion you could always put the TV back to factory settings. This often squashes bugs on the system. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but would have thought it would be possible to delete the NowTV App and reinstall the App once again.

Maybe this linked article may or may not point you in the right direction.

https://www.techjunkie.com/samsung-smart-tv-delete-apps/ 

I am guessing you are not based in the channel islands, where a few people have had difficulty using the Samsung NowTV App (there is a workaround for channel island customers on the NowTV Community Forum archive).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe before attempting to remove the NowTV App (from the linked instructions if it works) if it was me i would test on another obscure App you will never use, to make sure after deleting the App, you can add the same App again from the Samsung Apps Store.

Or like @gavs82008 mentioned try a full factory reset on the TV, just in case the NowTV App is corrupted when it was initially setup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried resetting the TV but this made no difference either.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have tried pressing the back button on your Samsung remote if nothing plays on the NowTV App, then jump back into the App again to see if it plays any NowTV content ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've tried that one! Still doesn't work.  I've got a FireTV stick I'm just going to plug in now, but have to wait until 1st Feb as all the faffing I did caused me to go over the 3 devices a month limit...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  & @gavs82008  @schnapps for Info

Hi Meg

I also have a Samsung Smart TV with a similar problem, but my  problem doesn't really bother me.

However, if the suggested fixes fails then may I suggest you give the Samsung Help Desk a call on the following number:

0800 988 0123

Last time I contacted them the tech staff were working from home but still open 7 days a week from 8.00am to 8.00pm.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, unfortunately the option to delete the NowTV app is greyed out. The re-install option doesn’t work either.