cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung Smart tv voice search

Hi, i've bought a 2022 Samsung smart tv and the Now app works perfectly except it's very difficult to search for programmes/films other than manually i.e. the voice search on the Samsung remote doesn't work on Now.

When the episode showing on Continue Watching is one that i've already watched I can't find any way to locate the next episode other than going to the search facility and looking up the show. Any ideas of there's a better/quicker way?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Voice search commands on the NOW App is only applicable to these devices in the linked help article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-voice-commands 

With regards to your Continue Watching question are you going to the end credits to drop the episode off the Continue Watching grid row ?

Personally I find the Continue Watching feature a bit hit and miss.

What I tend to do myself is add the TV shows to my Watchlist and pick up the episodes from my Watchlist list grid row rather than the Continue Watching row.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps, thanks for the link, no voice command available on a smart tv then, oh well

I too add shows to my watchlist, they only allow a choice of one episode so i'll have to make sure I run each one through to the end of the credits each time 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From your Watchlist you should be able to pick up the Season number and episode number of your choice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, i'll try again later

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I would have thought that if you select that Continue Watching episode anyway, it will cue up the next one for you.

And even if not, it will drop you into the entry for the series, where a couple of clicks will get you the next episode.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.