cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung Smart TV App-Sound Changing Not Working

Hi,

I was watching a show on the NowTV Smart TV App and I discovered that the sound on my TV wouldn't increase/decrease using the TV remote. When I open other apps or connections the sound change function works perfectly and so I'm not sure if this issue is related directly to the app or to my television remote.

Any help would be appreciated as this now means to turn the volume up/down on a show I have to exit the app temporarily.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi All,

This issue should now be fixed! 

You might need to restart the app to see the change.

Do post again if you're still having the issue after this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Seems to working again now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same issue start yesterday. Spoke with Samsung who took me through a full reset of the tv - didn’t work and a pain in the rear to setup and log in to all the apps again. They told me to contact nowtv.
Spoke with nowtv who admitted it’s a problem and is (apprantly) why new Samsung TVs no longer have the now tv app on and to use the smart box I got instead. We’re very apologetic about it all.

Couldn’t be bothered setting up the box so have been pressing the home button to bring up the app menu, change the volume and then press home again to get rid of the menu and carry on in the now tv app.

That was until 5 minutes ago - I fixed it.
Not entirely sure which combination of buttons I pressed when I accidentally sat on the remote but immediately after doing so the volume was muted but I could change it again within the now tv app.

When in doubt try pressing all the buttons at once 😂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed this on a Samsung UE40MU6400, latest firmware. Initially the volume control works, but it seems that invoking some part of the NOW TV UI - or perhaps pausing something for too long - may be also causing volume adjust to stop working. Very annoying, due to the way the Samsung TV doesn't properly 'close' the app and there's no way to forcibly close it, the bug persists until you reboot the TV by unplugging it from the mains.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi All,

This issue should now be fixed! 

You might need to restart the app to see the change.

Do post again if you're still having the issue after this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tv has go funny since you did broadband repairs now my tv is buffering and the picture is bad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, the past month or so on my samsung tv now tv app has been terrible. Whenever I turned my TV on, I had to open the app, close it & reopen it again for it to work, Now the app wont even open/displays a black screen!