cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung Smart TV App-Sound Changing Not Working

Hi,

I was watching a show on the NowTV Smart TV App and I discovered that the sound on my TV wouldn't increase/decrease using the TV remote. When I open other apps or connections the sound change function works perfectly and so I'm not sure if this issue is related directly to the app or to my television remote.

Any help would be appreciated as this now means to turn the volume up/down on a show I have to exit the app temporarily.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi All,

This issue should now be fixed! 

You might need to restart the app to see the change.

Do post again if you're still having the issue after this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Exactly the same issue here too. Have only noticed it today so this is another new problem...maybe update related? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had thought it might be update related but I tried the other Samsung Smart TV in house, admitedly a different model, and that worked fine

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Oh that's interesting, to be fair I wouldn't know what model tv mine is. My other tv is LG and that one is fine though. 

Something has gone on at NOW TV HQ as others have posted about their watch list going wrong...wish they would stop with the 'updates' never known one not to cause an issue 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't speak to missing watch lists or anything else but if updates are having side effects like that they probably shouldn't get rolled out so quickly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem with my Samsung TV , namely  not being able to use the volume control within the app. First noticed it on 29th May, then it started working again on the 30th .

Now it's not working again !!!

What is going on with this App? 

The problem with the watchlist seems to have been solved , but as for the volume control, it is totally unacceptable having to exit the app the restart it to change the volume. 

If this continues the only option is to cancel the subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, also youtube now playing up, won't sign in for new user. Oh what a day!!!!!
NEVER HAD THIS TROUBLE WITH MY VIC 20. LOL
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, only started in the last day or so
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the same problem with my Samsung TV, no sound control at all, yet it works on everything else.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem on both my Samsung TVs.