cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung NowTV app not visible

Hi

I have a Samsung smart TV that the NowTV sites says supports NowTV. In the Samsung apps there is no trace of NowTV. How do I get it there so I can select it?

(My NowTV account is ok as it works on iPad and phone, also I signed up to a Samsung account)

thanks for advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That is an older model E series Samsung Smart TV which is identified by the letter E and does not support the NowTV App.

I believe Samsung Smart TV's that support the NowTV App starts from the J series.

My Dad owns a H series Samsung Smart TV and his television is also not supported when it comes to the NowTV App inbuilt into the TV.

Where my Dad uses a NowTV box with his Samsung TV.

Have a read of this linked help article below on ways to watch NowTV (click the green drop down arrow on the article to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

If you don't own a suitable device from the list, maybe consider a NowTV smart stick ?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Whats the full model number of your Samsung Smart TV and are you a UK or Republic of Ireland NowTV customer ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you
UK
UE40ES5500KXXU

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That is an older model E series Samsung Smart TV which is identified by the letter E and does not support the NowTV App.

I believe Samsung Smart TV's that support the NowTV App starts from the J series.

My Dad owns a H series Samsung Smart TV and his television is also not supported when it comes to the NowTV App inbuilt into the TV.

Where my Dad uses a NowTV box with his Samsung TV.

Have a read of this linked help article below on ways to watch NowTV (click the green drop down arrow on the article to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

If you don't own a suitable device from the list, maybe consider a NowTV smart stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
For some thought it was the K towards the end of the string.
I have tried my laptop with an HDMI connection which works fine so I'm ok
for the cricket tomorrow! I'll look at other options also, many thanks.
Jim
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW TV app is currently available on 2015 and later Samsung TVs, except for Samsung Serif models, which don't support NOW TV.

How do I know if I have a compatible TV?

Just look at the model number – if there’s a J, K, L, M, N, Q or R in the middle, then you should have a compatible TV.

See this guide for more details on Samsung TV model numbers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, the 'letter in the middle' didn't make it very clear but I see it now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There’s no app for my brand new 2019 UE70RU7020 which has an R in the middle - is this supported? Edit never mind I found by searching the App Store!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have model UE50NU7400UXXU but I can't seem to find the app in app store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same model and likewise it says its unsupported, it's a 2019 model so I cant see why not?