cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung Now TV still on BST

The Now TV app on my Samsung smart TV is stuck on BST, which can be a bit frustrating when trying to guess when an event is starting.....

Version installed: 1.0.6 (latest)

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are your TV Settings correct under Menu/System/Time/Clock? I have Clock Mode and Time Zone set to Auto there.

I don’t know if NowTV on the TV picks up from these, or has its own independent settings, but there doesn’t seem to be anything you can change for this issue on the NowTV App itself.

My version number is 4.5.34, by the way, according to what it says under My Account. Where do you see 1.0.6? And what model of Samsung TV have you got? The one I’m checking on is am M5520, 32in, 2018; I’ll look on the big one downstairs and see what that says for version.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Tried on the big TV - a UE55JS9000 from 2015, where it turns out I’ve never tried to install the NowTV App before - I’ve always used a Roku for this.

But 2015 is pretty marginal for NowTV ON Samsung, so I wasn’t surprised when I chose the App in the App Store, and it said the TV didn’t support it. But I was surprised when it installed it anyway, and it did work perfectly, at least for what I tried which was just looking, and not trying to play any video.

But exactly as above, as far as settings on the TV, settings (or the lack of them) on the App, and version - 4.5.34 - are concerned.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya,

In-app my app is 4.7.24. The 1.0.6 is its version number in the app store. 🙂

Auto time zone is enabled on my telly and all other apps shows the correct time.  It seems to be a problem from the server side, not sending correct time info to the app's TV guide or simply the app stuck adding an hour DST.