cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 5 Series M5520 Class Smart TV with pre installed Now TV App not working.

Samsung 5 Series M5520 Class Smart TV with pre installed Now TV App not working.

The app wont even open. Nothing. Tried reinstalling. Tried rebooting tv and internet. Nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://youtu.be/2v_gMvH2zQg

Video of what happens. I've tried launching the app when various other apps have been open, but it's always like this.

iplayer hasn't worked since they did an update before Christmas.

@Karl-F wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have video clips of it trying to load but when I attach them and post, the screen just refreshes without the video being posted to the message board.

Hi Eros, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

If you could upload the video to youtube then send the link to us that would be great. 

Thanks,

Karl

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karl-F wrote:

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

We’re sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your Samsung Smart TV.

In order for us to investigate this further, can you please provide the following information so we can report back to our tech team;

• TV Model Number
  • What happens exactly
  • If you can, please post a video of the issue
  • Are you able to let us know when this issue happens
  • Do you receive any error messages at all
  • The firmware of your TV, which can be found in Settings > About
  • The NOW TV App version which can be found in the Samsung Store

Thanks,

Karl

Hi All, 

In addition to the information above, can you please send across your IP address that your TV is connected to? 

Thanks

Karl 

NOW TV

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Can you please let us know if you're able to play BBC iPlayer on your Samsung TV? 

If you could let us know how you get on that would be great. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upload to YouTube and post link?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine still isn’t working. It won’t even let me delete it. Said basic set of apps can’t be deleted. When I press reinstall it goes from 0-100 immediately then nothing happens. Come on nowtv it’s been two weeks now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi- you have my symapthies. I also have a SMART Samsung TV with the Now TV app pre-installed. Up until a week or so ago no problems but now the app won't load; when selected i just get a blank white screen. I have reset the smart hub, the router, factory setting, everything but no joy. Fed up.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I did a live chat about 10 days ago, with a claim that it was being escalated further up the team. Heard nothing back and app still doesn't work.  

Might as well just cancel my subscription until it is resolved. Not very happy 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't heard nothing since receiving the email that they had escalated the problem they said they are aware of the issue with Samsung TV's. I have since replied to the email numerous times with no reply from them. It seems they don't give a shi#t :(. I bought a now TV box for a tenner off Amazon with 2 month entertainment voucher. Was the only way to get it to work. I'd rather use the app on my TV and have 1 remote control! It's so annoying, it was fine until they did the app update on 10/05/18! Can't they just undo whatever they f#cked up?! I mean 2 weeks without a service you're all paying for is ridiculous. They need to compensate once it's fixed if they ever fix it!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV model number: UE40MU6120

What happens: it comes up "NOW TV Loading"... After a few seconds it gives up, and does not load. Tried reinstalling the app and smart hub. But still the same issue.

When it happens: Every single time I try to load the now TV app.

Error message: There is no error messages.

Samsung firmware version: 1210

NOW TV app version: 2.0.1 (10/05/18.

BBC iPlayer app works fine.

PS I'm not comfortable posting my IP address in a public forum.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Would you be able to send me a PM? 

Thanks, 

Karl