cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 5 Series M5520 Class Smart TV with pre installed Now TV App not working.

Samsung 5 Series M5520 Class Smart TV with pre installed Now TV App not working.

The app wont even open. Nothing. Tried reinstalling. Tried rebooting tv and internet. Nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No joy yet. Spoke with samsung support. No issue on their side. Still waiting on a call fron Now Tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, exactly the same here also with a Samsung 6 (2017) series tv, it was working perfectly up to the update on the 8th of May since then all I get is the spinning app loading screen and nothing else. If you look at the app details it was released by "Now TV" so Samsung must not be responsible for this and as there is no way to roll back the version number I will just have to wait till its fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am having the same problem on my Samsung TV Now TV version 2.0.1. it gets stuck on the Now TV loading, then eventually gives up and goes back to the menu. Was fine until yesterday :(. Mine is a series 6 TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I feel your pain

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it going to get fixed? I'm not paying for a service that I'm not receiving
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happening here on a Samsung Series 6 4K TV.  Tried everything..resetting smart hub, reinstalling App but no luck...Can someone from NowTV respond??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Whilst you are awaiting for some further assistance from the NowTV Tech Team to sort this out, if you have a BT Smart Router I would double check if the smart setup in the BT Router settings is disabled and switched off.

This may be a pointless exercise, but whilst waiting for NowTV there is no harm in trying it.

If you are not using a BT Router or you have already disabled the smart setup feature on the Router already then please ignore this post.

More info here how to disable the smart setup on BT Routers.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps I’m with virgin media..I’ve tried disabling all parental and virus controls as well as rebooting the router but no dice🙁
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just spoke to one of the advisors. He just said can I disconnect the power. Tried that didn't work. Now they've escalated to the tech department. Said they will email me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting exactly the same with my Samsung UE40MU6400 since the app update the other day, it either spins the App Loading symbol for a couple of minutes or it just opens to a black screen.  Tried everything I can think of - rebooting the TV, router, reinstalling the app, and removing the Samsung from my registered devices to free a slot up for it re-register but no luck.  My Now TV boxes still work fine on my other TV's so it's definitely the recent app update that's borked it :'(