cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
manowarrior
Mentor

Hi,

Yup that just about works as a fix so thankyou for that!

I had a brainwave on the weekend that came to nothing sadly... my samsung phone has a Quick Connect feature that lets me control the tv with it so tried that out on nowtv but still the same navigation issues 😞

Ah well, getting slightly annoyed by the lack of response from nowtv with this...

@Karl-F - any chance we could get this at least acknowledged as lots of frustrated customers here im afraid!

cheers 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An update on my experiences of this so far, plus the best solution so far in bold:

From what people have said here a factory reset solves the problem, but only termporarily.

A software update also seems to resolve it but  again, only temporarily sadly. The issue reoccurs.

On my TV the factory reset isn't an something that I can do myself - the menu item for it is there but it is marked 'unavailavble'. An online chat to Samsung support (www.samsung.com) eventually lead to them doing a factory reset and this solved the problem. The whole thing took about 30 minutes - which would be fine if I only neede to do it once, but the problem was back the following day. :o(

Someone suggested this was a universal remote issue - but since the only remotes I have are the Samsung universal ones which came with the set and the problems are present with both of them this revelation hasn't helped much.

One poster said holding down the 'back' key until you had been taken all the way out of Now, then going back into it works. So far so good with this one - although early days and I can't swear yet that it works every time. Fingers crossed. If this continues to work it provides a fairly easy solution. You have to hold the 'back' key continually rather than keep pressing it lots of times. Thanks to the person who mentoned this - you may be the star of this thread.

Something I would say - don't waste time trying to work out what button is doing what on the remotes when this happens - there are some things that you can work out, like the up and down buttons take you you up and down the main menu. But this doesn't help you because you can't actually navigate anywhere else except up and down.

For people in the UK there is also a problem with My5 (pretty much most things freeze fairly quickly) and the holding the back button down thing doesn't make any difference to this one. The factory reset did solve it, but again only for 24 hours. I can live without My5 though.

Samsung if you are reading this - you need to sort this out uregently.  Its been a known issue for a long while now -  long enough for you to fix it and offer people a solution. I'm about to go oline and review my purchase and sadly because of this it's not going to be a great review.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad the long whole back button solution is working for everyone! 🙂

Ive been using this approach now for over a month and it works and performs well.

Ive actually noticed this approach for all samsung TV seems to avoid any burgs and crash’s (same with Netflix and the new milkshake app too)

I think it’s becasue you are actually closing the app down every time and when you go in again it loans in fresh (you can tell as you get the loading circle instead of going straight into the app)

🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started getting this on my 2016 Samsung 6 series TV. Rolling screen and totally unwatchable. Tried the back button trick-didnt work, reinstalled the app-didnt work, switching the TV off by holding power for 10 seconds seems to have fixed for now. TV fully up-to-date on software as was the app. Fingers crossed it was just a glitch. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but the issue started immediately after using the main Samsung remote rather than the smaller samsung smart remote that I always use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think on the main remote Back is the exit key?

P

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have installed the app yesterday, everything was good. Today I was receiving a message for every video I tried to watch, saying the video couldn't be loaded.

I have reinstalled the app, tried the power and back button tricks, now the doesn't even open, it keeps showing Loading Now TV for about a minute and then closes and tv goes back to home screen.

=/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine too on new 9000series
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This thread is very hard to follow as the originsl posters problem seems to be getting changed by people talking about overlapping menus...

Is there any solution for the rolling picture on samsung app, happens on about 50% of videos i try to watch, some straight away, some 1 min in, but the piture just rolls, no delay in playing, no connection speed isdues, no issues with controls.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anybody know why I have to turn power to the tv off an on again to get nowtv to play. Samsung 65ks9000. Once I have done this it plays fine till the next time. All other apps work fine, amazon, Netflix etc. Did have scrolling issues but they seem to be ok now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've found that holding the back button down until NowTV completely shuts down seems to work for me. I have similar issues and they tend to reappear unless I completely exit the app by using and holding the back button.