cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: samsung UE49KU6670UXXU app

I've had the same thing on my Samsung TV, it's only started happening quite recently, I'd say in the last 6 weeks or so.  It gets stuck trying to return to the main homepage and then the pages start lagging and overlaying each other.  

My TV is the UE40JU6510 from 2015.

I've found reinstalling is the only solution too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're not alone. Got the same problem. It barely works for me. 

Will persist. Doesn't happen to Netflix or Amazon  apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Yep. Really buggy.

When it works, it's great. 

But more often than not it just freezes. Can't move around the screen using remote at all. 

Need to uninstall and re-install to correct, and then it works for a while and then not.

Doesn't happen to my Netflix or Amazon apps. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

For the sake of data collection only... What's your Samsung 'smart' TV's model number and software version number? 

Cheers

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on UE43KS7500 TV not working / frozen / unresponsive

For the last week or so I have not been able to get the Now TV app on my Samsung UE43KS7500 to work. I've had the TV for a few months and it's been fine up until now.

The internet connection is fine - I can watch Iplayer and use other apps. The remote is working fine for eevrything else - its just Now TV that is causing problems. 

There are a few different thigns that happen but they all seem to revolve around the app not responding to the remote. At the moment it is stuck on the MyTV option and won't go anywhere else from there. Other times the app has opened on a particular movie page which I then an't then leave. If I press the right click button it usually takes me back to the menu, but then the menu is unresponsive. The other day I was able to watch the Lion King - because the screen opened on this - which would have been fine if I was in a Lion King sort of mood but I wasn't and was unable to get the app to respond in order to let me watch something else.  I did manage to get it to work enough to watch The Jungle Book at the weekend after deleting the app from the  menu bar and then putting it back again - which was nice -  but now it is not not playing nicely again.

There doesn't seem to be a way to completely delete the app and re-install it - the TV won't let you delete this app. I have tried taking it off the menu bar and putting it back again but this isn't making any difference now - I think it may have been coincidence previously - not sure.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have posted on this afresh before I saw this but I seem to have the same problem on the  UE43KS7500. Now is pretty unwatchable so I am close to cancelling my contract and going with someone else as there is no point paying for a service that you can't use. On this model I am not able to delete the app - the TV won't let me as its one of the standard apps - so I am stuck with an unusable service. Internet is fine - other online TV apps are working fine. The remote is fine. This just started recently. I have had the TV about a month.

It does seem to be a legitimate 'thing' and I think Now are going to loose customers if they don't address it... they are going to loose me at least.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

On this model I am not able to delete the app - the TV won't let me as its one of the standard apps ...

That's a bit odd @Anonymous User. How about performing a 'factory reset'? Or whatever Samsung call it!

0 Thanks
Wentey
Scholar 3

Re: Now TV app on UE43KS7500 TV not working / frozen / unresponsive

I've been having the same issue on my Samsung k8000 working fine for months up until this week have to do a tv reset to make it work as it freezes
0 Thanks
Wentey
Scholar 3

Same issues for me over the last week k8000
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not really odd. Most smart phones have the same thing. There are standard apps that come with the TV and when you try to delete them a message comes up saying that you can't delete the standard apps. It's just the way the TV is made/sold. 

Yes I can do a factory reset but this means that I'll have to go through the milarky of getting everything set up again afterwards. It's the sort of thing that I would do once to sort out a problem but the issue returns I'll have to switch to anther content provider - esp since people have been complaining about this for a while and neither Now or Samsung seem to be doing a lot about it.

But yes I will try that.

0 Thanks