cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the last week or so I have not been able to get the Now TV app on my Samsung UE43KS7500 to work. I've had the TV for a few months and it's been fine up until now.

The internet connection is fine - I can watch Iplayer and use other apps. The remote is working fine for eevrything else - its just Now TV that is causing problems. 

There are a few different thigns that happen but they all seem to revolve around the app not responding to the remote. At the moment it is stuck on the MyTV option and won't go anywhere else from there. Other times the app has opened on a particular movie page which I then an't then leave. If I press the right click button it usually takes me back to the menu, but then the menu is unresponsive. The other day I was able to watch the Lion King - because the screen opened on this - which would have been fine if I was in a Lion King sort of mood but I wasn't and was unable to get the app to respond in order to let me watch something else.  I did manage to get it to work enough to watch The Jungle Book at the weekend after deleting the app from the  menu bar and then putting it back again - which was nice -  but now it is not not playing nicely again.

There doesn't seem to be a way to completely delete the app and re-install it - the TV won't let you delete this app. I have tried taking it off the menu bar and putting it back again but this isn't making any difference now - I think it may have been coincidence previously - not sure.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've been having the same issue on my Samsung k8000 working fine for months up until this week have to do a tv reset to make it work as it freezes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree - I have exactly the same TV and the same issues with NowTV. When it works it's great, but navigation regularly falls over with unpredictable results and then hangs. Exiting and re-entering sometimes resets it and it will work ok for a while. All other player apps work fine, so seems to be a NowTV rather than a TV issue.  Lets hope this gets resolved soon........

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

On this model I am not able to delete the app - the TV won't let me as its one of the standard apps ...

That's a bit odd @Anonymous User. How about performing a 'factory reset'? Or whatever Samsung call it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not really odd. Most smart phones have the same thing. There are standard apps that come with the TV and when you try to delete them a message comes up saying that you can't delete the standard apps. It's just the way the TV is made/sold. 

Yes I can do a factory reset but this means that I'll have to go through the milarky of getting everything set up again afterwards. It's the sort of thing that I would do once to sort out a problem but the issue returns I'll have to switch to anther content provider - esp since people have been complaining about this for a while and neither Now or Samsung seem to be doing a lot about it.

But yes I will try that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issues for me over the last week k8000
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm another "me too". On my 48JS9000 the nowtv app suffers from multiple issues including hanging, refusing to load, broken navigation and overlapping menus and other rendering problems. Reinstalling the app *may* fix it for a short while but often doesn't.
All othe apps on the TV work fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very disappointed in this. Have just signed up to Now TV Movies and am using a Samsung UE55KS7000 latest firmware. The menu is a mess. As others have said, text overlaps, its laggy, you select an option but the view pane is black, you press back to try and solve it and it tries to sign you out. Through patience and time I can eventually view something but I feel like i've wasted my money. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 on this issue.  I have a UE48JU6500 and get messed up menus (overlapping etc) and lag.  No issues watching programs and I find a hard reset of the app (press and hold the exit button on the remote) briefly fixes it.  NetFlix, Auntie Beeb's iPlayer and Amazon all fine - just the Now app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just hangs and buffers. It's not the wifi and it works fine with all the other apps. Also now tv works fine on the ipad so it's not an account issue.

can someone at Now try to resolve.