cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issues with navigation crashs

the only way to get it to work is to rest the TV (hold down the power button for 10 seconds)

this also seems to cause issues with teh WiFi dropping out!!??? Very frustrating!

P

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think this is a modem issue s I get the same problem on my smart Samsung TVs. Any chance you could investigate the problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I'm hoping this can help

i have BTTV when I unhook BTTV and delete it in my samsung universal remote I don't see any nav issues now tv works exactly as it should as a native app on my samsung 4K TV .....it appears it may be a universal remote issue....

samsung over to you please....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive also found that by holding the back button on my universal Samsung tv smart remote to exit the now tv fully ensures o next loading it starts a fresh which pretty much eradicates the navigation issues

P

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using the same workaround - havng to load, go back and reload again which forces a refresh, then it works fine.

I have a 2016 43KS7500 - all other apps work perfectly - except NowTV.

This should have been fixed long ago............

manowarrior
Mentor

+1 for this issue for me, app is borderline usable...

every other app i have works fine so i dont buy the usual check router, tv etc applies here im afraid, please can we get at least an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from someone from nowtv?? 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem - the app is unusable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem - I am also planning to cancel my subscription. The app is simply unusable, even after a full TV reset - I have the 2016 Samsung 65" 4K with Smart Hub.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also have the same issues - Guess if its not being fixed then I'll have to leave Now TV which is a shame

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - a possible solution?

I have the same problem with the screen scrolling / flickering during playback (menu screens and navigation seem ok)

After re-setting the TV to factory settings at least 3 times I got it to work fine but only when I start the app from an 'empty' source.

The problem is there every time I start the app from watching Freeview / Satellite but if I select a source input with no signal / image (for example the DVD that is turned off) it works fine.

Hope it works for you too

Matt

I have a UE40KU6000