cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

There is another thread for this post it has 5 pages of people with the same issues...

Indeed there is... Topics merged 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Any news yet? It's been a while and I am still having the same issues. I'm not buying a box seeing as my TV came with the Now TV app, plus it would mean another remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Touch wood my Samsung TV just updated to 1180 and the Now TV app is working fine again 🙂 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Touch wood my Samsung TV just updated to 1180 and the Now TV app is working fine again 🙂

Nice one @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's 2.20.2 hope everyones is fixed now 🙂 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's 2.20.2 hope everyone ones is fixed now 🙂 

Speaking from personal experience, the NOW TV app prefers to run on the newest software version of any smart TV that supports the NOW TV app...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like others on this forum I am seeing scrolling issues with the app on my Samsung tv. Very frustrating !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I Also have a new Samsung TV - UE65KS9000 - with this problem.

TV seemed to work ok the first few weeks, but then the menus seem to scroll off the screen making it near enough impossible to use the app, as you can't see what your selecting or typing.

Latest Software version 2.20.2 installed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the same problem as me. All apps on my smart tv work great apart from Now tv. Surely it should be sorted by now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. First time poster. Just want to chip in here I have a samsung UE55JS9000 and my NowTV app behaves identically to the poster who said his menu buttons were messed up.

I can't use it, it's impossible. More specifically - I don't think buttons are performing the wrong function I think the focus is entirely different to what is displayed.

For instance you can navigate into a menu, but the app will still display the starting menu. The context of the app will have switched into whatever you selected but you won't be able to see it.

The TV then tends to lag one screen behind what is actually in focus on the app making it a complete guessing game to navigate.

The idea that this isn't happening to anyone else simply because it's not been reported is a bit of a stretch. My way of working around it at the moment is to sign in on a mobile and use a Chromecast.

If NowTV could actually fix the app I'd really appreciate it.