cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on my 65KS8000 tv - the app is unusable and I've decided to cancel my pass until they resolve the issue. Shameful, that no action to fix the problem has been taken in all this time. Incidentally, I too have the latest firmware installed. The navigation buttons often have no effect or produce unpredictable results, preventing me from searching for any programme to view.

The answer is an external NowTV box, but I'm simply not prepared to buy one of these, having paid so much for a tv that is supposed to include this functionality.

Really, someone from either NowTV or Samsung needs to address this issue - that is, if they truely intend to retain their subscribers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here with a Samsung Smart TV, navigation not working and freezes... didn't happen with the Beta version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 40" KU6470 6 Series UHD Crystal Colour HDR Smart TV

UE40KU6470UXXU which is on your supported tv's list, I have done a smart hub reset via Samsung remote help and also done a full tv reset. I have the lastest fireware update by Samsung. After both resets Now TV works fine, so i exit Now TV go in again and its still all messed up with a mind of its own. Please can you fix this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Current software version for TV is 11.69 and for Now TV is 2.20.2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still have the same problem and Samsung can't help so it's down to Now TV to update the software. When will this update be?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is what I'm getting now and I don't even have the sports package !!!!! 

20170618_122932.jpg

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What you're seeing there is the 'Sport' services UI (user inferface). Which everyone is able to see even if you are not a sports subscriber!

Sufficed to say, if you selected some actual content you would be asked what duration pass you require 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But it wouldn't let me select anything the only thing I could do was exit and this is what I have been saying all along it's just a random screen the pops up when not selected. The screen before was on movies I pushed across and that screen came up ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI all,

I have a persistant problem when using the NOW TV app on my samsung smart TV (Model No. UE40JU6400K).

I start the app and at first sight all looks OK, however when I start navigating the menus what I see on the screen is not what my TV remote is controlling.

For example, I navigate the menu on the left hand side of the screen (using up/down on my remote) to the "search" item. Upon pressing right to try and move the cursor onto the search keypad, the left menu disappears off screen and while I am presented with the search field and all the keys (A-Z) the active cursor seems to still be on the left hand menu which has now disappeared off screen. 

After more frantic pressing of the directional keys on my remote I now get the main menu (left menu) back in view, however now the active cursor seems to be on the search keypad which I can no longer see.....

It seems like the resolution of the app is somehow gets out of sync with the TV, or the different "layers" of the app don't scale correctly on it. 

I'm really struggling to describe this behaviour. which I know is not very helpful to your developers when they're trying to identify and fix this sort of thing, but its so frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced similar, or are NOW TV support aware of such an issue?

Thanks,

Dan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is another thread for this post it has 5 pages of people with the same issues. I too am having the same issues as you so your not alone.