cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been frustrated by this problem for a while, but an answer given above by RamblingC has helped greatly.

Even though sometimes it reoccurs, using a long press on the exit button fixes it every time and I can now use the app consistently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 months on and this faulty app still hasn't been fixed?! We cancelled because of this but I was hoping it would get sorted ready for game of thrones...
We have a Samsung ue60ks7000 latest firmware app version etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same Problem here with a Samsung UE55JU6800. Even using NowTV on my Playstation 4 Pro, seems to be lagging in the Navigation menu. It just works because of its sheer computing power but even then, it's slow and buggy. Who wrote those apps?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same problem with overlapping and mixed menus. Most of the time we can't watch now tv. All other things like netflix amazon bbci player work fine its just now tv. Am thinking of canceling my sub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unistalled the app and started again and all is working but I don't think it's going to last.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gone again 😞 I have no control over any function you press on something and something else comes up. When I try to hard shut down as soon as I press exit it's gone. I give up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same screwy menu problem as others. My TV is the UE65KU6400.

This in a NOWTV forum and in 2 months no input to this discussion?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Gone again 😞 I have no control over any function you press on something and something else comes up. When I try to hard shut down as soon as I press exit it's gone. I give up.

I have reinstalled the app - works fine for a while

Turn TV off at wall - works fine for a while

Amazone Prime - works fine all the time

BBC iPlayer - fine

ITV hub - another story - other forums

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

A note to all...

If running the NOW TV app on Samsung televisions is anything like running the NOW TV app on LG televisions, it's vital that your televisions software is the most up-to date version.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too; I can't quite believe there's been no positive response from the provider. This is a clearly a coding issue, and should have been an overnight fix for the development team.

Please fix! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the most up to date software still have problems though.