cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. When i load up the app on my samsung TV, it doesn't show the menu but for example "Family Faves", when I press down to scroll through them, it just skips to next "menu" like "Recently Added". 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same again today. Can't get anything to work. Even when I exit and go back in. I need to reinstall to get back up and working. Any chance this can be looked at?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It could be a modem/router issue... If you haven't done-so already. Try re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same thing on my Samsung TV, it's only started happening quite recently, I'd say in the last 6 weeks or so.  It gets stuck trying to return to the main homepage and then the pages start lagging and overlaying each other.  

My TV is the UE40JU6510 from 2015.

I've found reinstalling is the only solution too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're not alone. Got the same problem. It barely works for me. 

Will persist. Doesn't happen to Netflix or Amazon  apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have posted on this afresh before I saw this but I seem to have the same problem on the  UE43KS7500. Now is pretty unwatchable so I am close to cancelling my contract and going with someone else as there is no point paying for a service that you can't use. On this model I am not able to delete the app - the TV won't let me as its one of the standard apps - so I am stuck with an unusable service. Internet is fine - other online TV apps are working fine. The remote is fine. This just started recently. I have had the TV about a month.

It does seem to be a legitimate 'thing' and I think Now are going to loose customers if they don't address it... they are going to loose me at least.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i get this as well, the only way to get the app working correctly is to de power the TV. It then works for a few days and then I get the same navigational problems once again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep. Really buggy.

When it works, it's great. 

But more often than not it just freezes. Can't move around the screen using remote at all. 

Need to uninstall and re-install to correct, and then it works for a while and then not.

Doesn't happen to my Netflix or Amazon apps. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

For the sake of data collection only... What's your Samsung 'smart' TV's model number and software version number? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

It’s Samsung UE40JU7000T. I’m afraid I don’t know how to find out the software version. however, it’s on auto-update, if that helps, so should be the latest version